New cd player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone advise me please?

My Audiolab 8000 CD player has packed in and I'd be grateful for any recommendations for a replacement and good supplier.

The rest of my system is an Audiolab 8000S pre amp with an Audiolab 8000P power amp. My speakers are Spendor S3/5Rs.

Generally,I listen to mainstream rock.

Thanks,

Jim.

T

the record spot

If you liked the old Audiolab, the current CDE (£350) or the CD (circa £500) might be worth checking out as well as the aforementioned three. I'd add, without reservation, Harman Kardon's HD990 CDP - brilliant.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I agree that the current Audiolab CDP's are worth demoing. Theyre both very good and will provide you with superb synergy
emotion-1.gif

Persoanlly having heard the Audiolab set-up you've got with Spendor A6's, B&W CM7's and Monitor Audio RX6's I'd stay away from the Harmon Kardon CDP. I thought it was lacklustre and thin. Music I used to demo this set-up ranged from Massive Attack to Metallica to AC/DC.

The Rega Apollo and the Cyrus 6SE CDP's would be worthy of a demo as well IMO as would a 2nd hand Arcam DC192 (if you can find one)

T

the record spot

d_a_n1979:
Persoanlly having heard the Audiolab set-up you've got with Spendor A6's, B&W CM7's and Monitor Audio RX6's I'd stay away from the Harmon Kardon CDP. I thought it was lacklustre and thin. Music I used to demo this set-up ranged from Massive Attack to Metallica to AC/DC.

I listened to the HK CD player with a Leema Pulse amp, a Harman Kardon HK990 amp and a pair of Dali Ikon speakers. Bass was not an issue. In fact, taming it would've been the order of the day. Keep it shortlisted and try it out, you've nothing to lose and for that matter, add the Dalis, great speakers I thought.

Incidentally, I used Led Zeppelin, "II" to be precise.

All that shows is you get a different sound with different kit and the CDP is but one link in the chain, hence my suggestion not to write it off because one person thinks it's "thin" but the other knows differently when partnered with different gear!

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
The ones that i found intresting and would like to compare my current cd player to (tubed MHZS chinese cd player wich i like) is an Astin Trew and a Raysonic. Try those and if you think it's not really an upgrade for the price then you can't go wrong with an MHZS CD33 for the money. On a forum in Holland they compared that player to expensive stuff and came out on top.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts