New cartidge

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
DougK said:
Grimharry, just remembered, I've got an Ortofon 2M Blue stylus with about 12 hours on it in the drawer, if you want to give it a spin on your deck as a loan just shout.

Thats a very kind offer which i am very tempted to accept, my concern would be damaging it.

D

Deleted member 108165

grimharry said:
Thats a very kind offer which i am very tempted to accept, my concern would be damaging it.

You seem like a decent and careful chap and someone to be trusted so the offer is there. The Blue stylus is sitting in a drawer doing nothing, just thought that whilst you're waiting to save up some cash for the Goldring there's nothing to be lost by trying a Blue on your cartridge for a couple of months. It's easy to change the stylus on the 2M's, the only tools you require are reasonably strong finger nails and a steady hand *biggrin*

If your game then just reply and I'll post my email address on reply so we can exchange address details.

DougK said:
grimharry said:

You seem like a decent and careful chap and someone to be trusted so the offer is there. The Blue stylus is sitting in a drawer doing nothing, just thought that whilst you're waiting to save up some cash for the Goldring there's nothing to be lost by trying a Blue on your cartridge for a couple of months. It's easy to change the stylus on the 2M's, the only tools you require are reasonably strong finger nails and a steady hand *biggrin*

If your game then just reply and I'll post my email address on reply so we can exchange address details.
You can always email one of the editorial team who will swap your addresses privately. They're very nice like that.

D

Deleted member 108165

nopiano said:
You can always email one of the editorial team who will swap your addresses privately. They're very nice like that.

Cheers nopiano, tried this approach twice before and never got a reply. The email I post here is a junk address so I'm not too bothered about getting spammed.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
DougK said:
grimharry said:

Hi Mr k I'm still very interested in your kind offer. I have been reading some other posts and it seems that I've neglected the effects that the felt and cork platter covers may make. So I'm going to have play over the weekend to see what effect they have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts