New cartidge

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
grimharry said:
Al ears said:
+2

I had one years ago and it's a brilliant all rounder for the money.

i thought you were pro the nagoaka?

*scratch_one-s_head*

I did mention both, indeed. The Nagaoka would be my go to cartridge only if you could get one for a decent price, and that seems to be harder to do these days. The fall-back alternative is the Goldring which you can still find deals on.

It basically depends on your budget.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
grimharry said:
Al ears said:
+2

*scratch_one-s_head*

I did mention both, indeed. The Nagaoka would be my go to cartridge only if you could get one for a decent price, and that seems to be harder to do these days. The fall-back alternative is the Goldring which you can still find deals on.

Theres not a lot of difference in the price to be a factor.*unknw*

grimharry said:
Al ears said:
grimharry said:
Al ears said:
+2

*scratch_one-s_head*

Theres not a lot of difference in the price to be a factor.*unknw*

Goldring available for around £275 and mp200 around £345

That's about 3 new lps worth. :)

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Have to say my enthusiasm for ClearAudio is nothing more than a rouse. I've had this cart but wished I'd spent my money elsewhere. *sorry2* *mosking*

Well new tt new cart. I'm interested in which way you jump and the reasons behind it, heart or head.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
You will not regret the G1042.

If at all hesitant about set-up then get your dealer to do it. (Although that goes for any cartridge if you are not experienced.)

Use a separate balance to confirm tracking force. (Ortofon do a set of scales for about £7.50)

D

Deleted member 108165

Grimharry, just remembered, I've got an Ortofon 2M Blue stylus with about 12 hours on it in the drawer, if you want to give it a spin on your deck as a loan just shout.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts