New but old system for the house

Klaco325

Dec 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone 🙂
Im new here on this forum and i appreciate every comment on here.
In a few days i will acquire a few components from old school yamaha
The list goes below:
Yamaha AX 590 - Amp
Yamaha EQ 550 - equalizer
Yamaha TX 492 RDS - tuner
Yamaha CDX 596 - cd player
Yamaha P 350 - gramophone
And for the speakers im going with
KEF C55.
To this system i also want to connect my TV with RCA cables.
My questions are what does the more experienced gang think of this setup and also if i will be able to have all the components run through the equalizer(cd, tuner, gramophone and TV)
Thank you all in advance and let everyone have a good day! :)
Edit: also there is an option to go with wharfedale crystal 40 speakers, might be a better option?

Last edited:

Klaco325

Dec 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello,
Thanks for the response. Well as far as the sellers are telling me the equipment works like a charm but for sure i will test everything before buying.
Im absolutely new to this so if you colud tell me what the tape loop is?
Also there is another options for the speaker,, wharfedale crystal 40. Might be a better option?

I have no idea about those speakers, never seen them let alone heard them. If they are of similar age check them over well as rubber perishes over time. You will have to determine your if they are going to work OK in your room. Personally I would tend towards the KEFs but these are 30 years old as well so may not be in very good condition. You might be better off forgetting either pair of speakers and buying a cheap current model.
The tape loop has an input from a device like turntable or other and an output to a cassette or tape deck that lets you monitor and record to take from whichever source you choose to connect.
As I said you will only be able to connect this and one other to the equaliser, so you will have to decide which source you are going to be using the most.

Klaco325

Dec 13, 2021
Visit site
You guys have been very helpfull i really appreciate it 🤟🤟
As for the speakers go yeah they are both old models but i heard a few of this 20-30 y/old speakers and the sound is amazing in my point of view. My dad has pioneers abt 30 y/old and in that price range i havent heard any new speakers that can even compare to them hence the reason why im tending to older stuff. Amps and decks also.
I dunno but there is something on 80s and 90s stuff that makes my heart thump(also reason why i drive a 90 Bimmer)
As for the amp and players i sure will go with this yamaha setup then
And for the speakers i will probs go look at both models and see for the condition and the sound of course, the size of the speakers is no problem, actually a bigger set would look nicer in my living room but i will choose performance over styling

Thanks guys once again and rock on🤟😎😁

Reactions: gellert and Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts