new build house hoome cinema set up ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have just joined as i am looking for advice, all opinions apreciated.

I am currently in the process of a self build house project, In which i plan to have two plasma tv's

1. In a downstairs open plan kitchen/dining /family type room in that order. i have had speaker cable wired in to the relavent corners for 5.1 set up. ( wife would not ware the addition of the two middle for 7.1) also four cat 6 cables and an HDMI, this room is large and is getting a tv in the 60" range. I am looking at the Q acoustic 1010i spaekers. I need an upscaling amp which along with all other components wi live in a cupboard upstairs i plan to use a multi remote and IR pick ups and transmitters to make it al work. so amp need to have several inputs for blue ray / skyHD/ bt vision and possibly music films streamed from a PC.

2.Upstairs lounge will have one plasma Around 40" and no surround. I plan a decent separate stereo set up for this room later as funds allow, there is also Cat 6 to the tv and future stereo loction

I do not mind spending more than s proportianal to the speakers on an amp as they may get upgraded in the future. But as you can imagine i have a lot to do at once not to mention the Joy of a bare shell house to carpet and furnish so the budget is notlimitless

Questions

1. can i get one amp that would be capable of running the two tvs and handeling different output input at the same time.ie. sky to one while playing a dvd on the other or do i need to buy one amp and one other box to upscale for the smaler tv 2.

2.any particualr TV you would recomend for #2 as it wil need to have a god sound output on its own.

I did initialy look at building a high spec media PC to handle all these tasks. but i work away for extended periods and if it went down while i was away it would ean them indoors entertainment frre until i got back and a bent ear for me

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Be careful - the surrounds in a 5.1 set-up should be a little behind but alongside the listening position. ÿIt's the surround BACK speakers that you add to create a 7.1 set-up.

TRENDING THREADS