new bluray needed

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a panasonic 310 or 320 and been pretty happy with it but the slow processor and horrible touch screen remote is doing my head in so looking for some home cinema experts to give me some suggestions. Looking for great picture on motion- hate flickering on fast scenes. A good responsive operating system also important. As for smart features i use netflix and sometimes youtube. Another good point would be rca outputs for hifi although not a deal breaker as my amp has digital inputs.

What's your budget? As long as a Blu-ray player isn't doing anything it shouldn't, then 1080p/24 content output over HDMI should be identical from one player to another. DVD upscaling can differ.

Look at Panasonic BDT370 or 460 for example, for faster loading times.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
What's your budget? As long as a Blu-ray player isn't doing anything it shouldn't, then 1080p/24 content output over HDMI should be identical from one player to another. DVD upscaling can differ.

Look at Panasonic BDT370 or 460 for example, for faster loading times.

[thanks for the reply, i dont have a budget but would never pay ridiculas money for a blu ray player. do you know if those models you sugested have touch screen remote? (such a pain with bbc iplayer)

i also thought that the better blu ray players have better picture quality - motion handling and contrast detail etc? the better model you get]

No they don't have a touchscreen remote. If that's the only issue with your player, save yourself money and get a cheap one4all remote.

Check this review and what the reviewer says about Blu ray picture quality difference between players:

https://www.avforums.com/review/arcam-udp411-review.11476

Panasonic 460 remote.

image.php

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
No they don't have a touchscreen remote. If that's the only issue with your player, save yourself money and get a cheap one4all remote.

Check this review and what the reviewer says about Blu ray picture quality difference between players:

https://www.avforums.com/review/arcam-udp411-review.11476

[yes its the remote but more important the very slow operating or delay in pressing a button to doing it]

Mtenga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
For what is worth I recently tested an MKV rip of Maleficent on a Denon DBT 3313 (originally £900), a Pioneer 170 (£100) and. WDTV (£60). You couldn't tell the difference between any of them for audio or video. Plenty of reasons why the Denon is still the preferred choice but no need to spend too much if all you want is basic bluray playback as has been said here on this thread and many other times elsewhere.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that. I'll be connecting the bluray via hdmi to the tv and for the sound optical to the hegel h160. What im really looking for is a bluray that can handel smart features fast like netflix. My old panasonic 310 is so slow to load netflix and the lag in the controls is very frustrating. Dont even get me started on the bbc iplayer. Ive heard the sony blurays are quite quick at this with fast reaction times

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to have the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 and loved it for Bluray playback until it stopped working one day. I now have the Pioneer BDP-450. Although it adds SACD playback (which is handy), the interface is much less clear and is unintuitive in comparison (albeit a little quicker perhaps).

Anyway, to my point: what about keeping your current Bluray for actually playing Blurays and get a Roku 3 player for all the smart features you could ever want? At £70 it's a bargain. I have one and am very pleased both with its catalogue of channels (BBC iPlayer, ITV player, Channel 4 player, 5 demand, Youtube, Spotify (NOT Connect though...yet) and Netflix among many many others) and its operation is very quick and slick with a beautifully clear and simple interface. Although it can operate wirelessly, I used a wired ethernet connection to my router, then HDMI to my receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts