New beresford dac

A

Anonymous

Oh yeah i forgot there were issues about this on the site

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
blackcabmal:Oh yeah i forgot there were issues about this on the site

Issues which have become really quite old and pathetic.

someone on the site has used it (dunno if anyone else has), but you'll have to wait and see if and when they respond im afraid.

personally, i tried to take it out for a test drive, but it kept falling off the seat. seatbelt's not small enough, y'see.

A

Anonymous

I cracked a pity smile.
Judging by the performance of the 7510 I think we can safely say its probably cracking. Stans the Man.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
al7478:
^ ^ ^ Was'nt funny was it?

You kinda had to be in my head at the time.
Been drinking Al? ;-)I think Chebby's got one, and I want one, so I'll also be interested to hear any comments.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Diamond Joe:al7478:

^ ^ ^ Was'nt funny was it?

You kinda had to be in my head at the time.
Been drinking Al? ;-)

I think Chebby's got one, and I want one, so I'll also be interested to hear any comments.

Worryingly, no.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Brisk:I cracked a pity smile.

Awww. Thanks...
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

I will be purchasing mine this week. Will let you know when my speakers actually arrive ;)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site

One warning to someone gushing about their Beresford in an inappropriate thread and there are 'issues'?
emotion-43.gif
Please get a grip.... and please all get discussing the DAC, as this is a perfect thread to do so!

Remember, we gave the last Beresford five stars, and are eager to test the new model, too.

John Duncan

Gerrardasnails:JohnDuncan:I think I'm gonna buy one specifically so I can bang on about it.....

I'm not. My DAC has gone up in value!! Better than sticking my money in the bank (if I had any!).

Actually yeah. I did suggest the other day about setting up a DACMagic hedge fund.......

A

Anonymous

I got mine up and running and here are my impressions straight out of the box.....

I have a Kenwood 7090 cd player and a marantz PM 66 KI amp, Celestion 100 speakers.

Compared to the CD player there is hardly any difference, the Dac brings a little more clarity and bass, but otherwise it was pretty hard to distinguish the two. The amp is taking the output from a the cd player via and optical cable. The cable is a pretty rubbish £10 job, I have another cable on the way and hopefully that will help.

Listening to the headphone out on the DAC vs the amp makes a much larger difference suggesting perhaps the amp is the weak link. Again is not massive, but it sounds as though a veil has been lifted. A good improvement that I would say justifies it price. I also have an airport express but need to get an optical cable for that. I was really impressed with the output from that and hope the Dac will improve it further as that was the main reason I bought it.ÿ

ÿI realise that it'll need a few days running in, so if there if a big change in the sound I will update this post, same goes for the cable change.ÿ

All in all after a short listen, I am still pleased I got the Dac, for what I need it for its going to be perfect. Iÿessentiallyÿwant to get rid of the CD player and have all my music in digital format. I also mainly listen via headphones, so its worth the investment for me. I'm looking forward to doing some tests with the airport express.ÿ

A

Anonymous

As soon as I get the money then I will get the new DAC.... it is well worth the money, especially as CA have, unfortunately, had to up the price at which they sell the DACmagic..... of course I may be able to get hold of a Arcam Black Box for less and that might plug the gap....

Now I have obviously missed something here...... there is a forum face missing..... and rumblings of Beresford discontentment...... I know that it is made hard to discuss these things here...... and I also know that 'in general' forum controversies once passed are best left untouched, to decay at a suitable half-life - which tends to be a rate of about 2-3 years, BUT what is going on?

Anyone willing to point me in the direction of the relevant posts so that I can catch up Omnibus stylee?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

One warning to someone gushing about their Beresford in an inappropriate thread and there are 'issues'?
emotion-43.gif
Please get a grip.... and please all get discussing the DAC, as this is a perfect thread to do so!

Remember, we gave the last Beresford five stars, and are eager to test the new model, too.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread - it was a single Mod response to a post in an unrelated thread. Will try and find the relevant thread to post, but that would be rather against House Rules.
emotion-15.gif

EDIT - I can't as the poster concerned has (at his own volition - I would have been happy for it to stay... - removed the posts). Storm in a
emotion-44.gif

A

Anonymous

Basically someone was gently reminded that they should not be going off topic discussing the beresford dac (or at least they thought the person was going off topic) however they have also said feel free to wax lyrical about any dac you like in any relevant threads. Just type in on the search forums bar, beresford dac
emotion-2.gif
, you have 3 choices, the second hand route through ebay or another forum for the MK6/3 the MK6/4 off the official site or the brand new TC 7520, Personally I opted for second hand MK6/3 which I am asbolutely pleased with and for me was defnitely worth the 100.00 (including rca phono cables and toslink cable).

I am very interested to know how the TC7520 compares to the TC7510 MK6/3. though and I am hoping that the improvements are very sublte as I have just bought the latter lol.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
hi fi newbie:

Basically someone was gently reminded that they should not be going off topic discussing the beresford dac (or at least they thought the person was going off topic) however they have also said feel free to wax lyrical about any dac you like in any relevant threads. Just type in on the search forums bar, beresford dac
emotion-2.gif
, you have 3 choices, the second hand route through ebay or another forum for the MK6/3 the MK6/4 off the official site or the brand new TC 7520, Personally I opted for second hand MK6/3 which I am asbolutely pleased with and for me was defnitely worth the 100.00 (including rca phono cables and toslink cable).

I am very interested to know how the TC7520 compares to the TC7510 MK6/3. though and I am hoping that the improvements are very sublte as I have just bought the latter lol.

Your post may acknowledge this. I'm not sure as im not entirely familiar with all the model numbers; but the last version of the beresford should still be available by the website as Stanley has, i believe, made it clear that the new one is not intended as a replacement, but an alternative, for anyone who wanst its new features (im not overly familiar with the spec either).

Apologies if im correcting something that doesnt need it.

Mr Steve

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
I am also interested in how the TC7520 compares to the TC 7510 (MK6/4 preferably) as i am looking for a DAC / HP amp. Unfortunately there are no dealers here in South Africa, so it would be a matter of importing it unheard. Irrespective of the returns policy, the logistics of a return if I was not happy would be a pain.

The imported cost of the TC7520 would be about half the cost of the DacMagic which is available here, but has no headphone jack. Also don't need balanced output.

Anyone got a comparative comment?

John Duncan

There are those on here
emotion-8.gif
who have compared the two (though I can't remember if it was side-by-side) and preferred the Beresford. I myself have a DACMagic, but I doubt you'd be disappointed in the Beresford, being as it does seem much more appropriate in terms of facilities - I only bought the DM because I preferred the look
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

It's also worth considering the Musical Fidelity V-DAC, which is now considerably cheaper than the DacMagic.

Bought one the other day, and the difference compared with my old Chinese brandless DAC is stunning - far more musical and detailed, greater insight into the music etc.

manicm

Mr Steve:

I am also interested in how the TC7520 compares to the TC 7510 (MK6/4 preferably) as i am looking for a DAC / HP amp. Unfortunately there are no dealers here in South Africa, so it would be a matter of importing it unheard. Irrespective of the returns policy, the logistics of a return if I was not happy would be a pain.

The imported cost of the TC7520 would be about half the cost of the DacMagic which is available here, but has no headphone jack. Also don't need balanced output.

Anyone got a comparative comment?

Steve, I'm also in SA, and even adding VAT and import duties, the double-UK cost of the DACMagic (around 6k) smacks of daylight robbery, or as we would fondly call 'corruption'?

Mr Steve

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
AH Manicm, The joys of being far from the markets where the manufacturers concentrate and limited competition. If you really want to depress yourself, run similar comparisons for any of the Pound prices quoted on upmarket equipment that is available here.

Anyway to all who gave comment, thanks. I will order from Stan in the next week or two - just on pause while the currency bounces like a yo-yo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts