New ATC SCM11 / 7 vs KEF LS50

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
In the KEF manual they suggest distances from rear and side walls and how close you can get before recommending putting in the outer bung. Closer still before needing the inner bung. Mine are far enough not to need bungs.

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Jota180 said:
In the KEF manual they suggest distances from rear and side walls and how close you can get before recommending putting in the outer bung. Closer still before needing the inner bung.  Mine are far enough not to need bungs.
Have experimented briefly with bungs and tried a range of materials in the ports of our Neat Motive 2s. Always thought that the sound altered subtly and lost some of its bite. Need a speaker which can handle rear wall proximity as well as the acoustics of low ceiling, square dimensions and thick Derbyshire stone walls! Here's hoping....

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Pedro2 said:
Jota180 said:
In the KEF manual they suggest distances from rear and side walls and how close you can get before recommending putting in the outer bung. Closer still before needing the inner bung. Mine are far enough not to need bungs.
Have experimented briefly with bungs and tried a range of materials in the ports of our Neat Motive 2s. Always thought that the sound altered subtly and lost some of its bite. Need a speaker which can handle rear wall proximity as well as the acoustics of low ceiling, square dimensions and thick Derbyshire stone walls! Here's hoping....

Probably an enclosed design or something like Guru Juniors which are designed to be placed a couple of inches from a wall.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Jota180 said:
Pedro2 said:
Jota180 said:

Probably an enclosed design or something like Guru Juniors which are designed to be placed a couple of inches from a wall.

The Guru Juniors are on my 'wish list' if I get around to buying a Naim UnitiQute. They look ideal for shelves.

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of BUNG have you been to the WHF? site lately....?

Sorry, couldn't resist. *yahoo*

Right, back on topic...who's plugged both ATC and Kef into their MF lately then eh!?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts