Need new desktop speaker advice

EvoKazz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hiya guys, for the past 9 years, I have used Cambridge Soundworks 250D's, and they (even today) and superb in sound quality, unfortunately, they are dying a painful death on me, and I need some new ones, trouble is, nothing on the market is jumping out at me, the specs for the 250D's are

300 Watts RMS / 300 Watts System Power
THX certified
Wired Remote with digital volume control and headphone jack
Digital input with DAC
B.A.S.H. Subwoofer

It's a 2.1 system. Everything that's currently being sold looks a lot less powerdul spec wise, is this due to better technology and not needing as much Watts? Anyways, I am looking to spend £150 on a new set of speakers, not interested in surround, just a really good 2.1 system, used mainly for music - (Rock - Trance - Hip Hop mainly) not wanting something that's bass heavy, and not looking for anything by Logitech. Any suggestions appreciated.

LMA

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Plug your computer into a Hi-FI amp and speakers. The 300 Watt they add on to some systems is because a sub woofer needs a load of it's own power. 80 watts is very loud for a stereo amp.

A cheap stereo amp with the smallest Bowers & Wilkins speakers sounds great.

radosuaf

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
This is fairly old and maybe you have them already, but have you looked at Cambridge Audio Minx M5? THX certified options are Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and Logitech Z-623.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts