Need high-quality RF cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

My tv is located several metres away from the rooftop aerial socket. At the moment I'm using a budget 10m flylead (Argos or Woolies, no less - lol).

I've been checking the QED QUNEX RVR, but alas it looks like that cable is only available in a 1m version.

Could anyone recommend another high-quality cable (I need 5-8 metres)?

Failing that, I could buy several QED cables and simply connect them together,but I'm worried that this would compromise the signal. Would it?

daveh75

whatever you do dont join lots of 1m lengths together, the results will be awful!

if i were you just look for a well made flylead that uses good quality double screened 75 ohm cable thats all you need! Or make your own, see if you can source some ct100/wf100, it's good quality double screened cable that's cai approved and used by pro installers.

i'm not a cable cynic but expensive rf cables are a waste of money imo,you wont gain anything as the cable thats being fed to the wall plate from the aerial wont be of the same spec as expensive stuff, as mentioned above as long as its well screened cable to prevent rfi you should be fine.

but if you really must go for the high end stuff then try this and its available in 5m lengths

A

Anonymous

I found that the Russ Andrews V21 cleared my signal up no end when I was using freeview, it removed virtually all visible noise (as much as I hate recommending RA). It's available up to 4m from the site but give them a call I'm sure they'll do you a custom.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies and pointers.
emotion-21.gif

Why is that about RA? (other than being a bit on the pricey side...)

A

Anonymous

They employ their own scientists and then flaunt their findings on the public. Google 'Russ Andrews ASA'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts