Decent quality thin speaker cable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm after a decent quality thin speaker cable please ladies and gents, here's why.......

I was originally using QED Silver Anniversary XT with my old speakers. Now I have got the Kef 3005SE and my main left and right speakers are on the Kef stands. With these stands you run the cable through the pole and the width of the gap is tiny. I tried to shove the QED's through and the plastic was getting scratched off the outside of the wire and exposing the inside of the cable
emotion-6.gif
This would probably lead to the inside of the cable oxidising very quickly and having an adverse affect on the sound. Buying blind off the net I also tried Chord Carnival Silver Anniversary and they are really chunky cables, no chance of getting those in whatsoever!
emotion-6.gif
Is there a cable of similar quality but just a tad thinner that we know of? I dont really need any super expensive quality cables as it is to be used with my Denon 2310 receiver and not any top end hi-fi gear or anything like that.

Before I go and buy another useless cable that is too big could anyone suggest one please?

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

QED Silver Micro perhaps ..... is certainly a smaller cable - I use that for my rear a/v speakers and XT up front ......

A

Anonymous

I use the QED micros on my rears because I needed huge lengths. Would it be good enough for the front main channels bearing in mind these will also be used for music sometimes? Am I just reading too much into this cable quality thing and wont it make much difference anyway?
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

BigAir:QED Silver Micro perhaps ..... is certainly a smaller cable - I use that for my rear a/v speakers and XT up front ......

I use QED Silver MIcro for my rears with a Denon AVR 1910 and it sounds fine.

You'll have fun stripping back the outer casing on the cable.

A

Anonymous

Heystak I had no problem stripping the QED micros. You try stripping the QED SA XT's with blunt pliers though!
emotion-39.gif

A

Anonymous

Daveee:I use the QED micros on my rears because I needed huge lengths. Would it be good enough for the front main channels bearing in mind these will also be used for music sometimes? Am I just reading too much into this cable quality thing and wont it make much difference anyway?
emotion-7.gif

Its fairly common to use Silver micro for the rears and QED Silver Anniversary XT for the front / centre speaker (myself included). But you're right - it doesnt make much difference.

A

Anonymous

QED micros will do then, cheers Heystak. Cheap to which is also a bonus!
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts