Need amplifier for Proac Studio MK2

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Just receive my Proac Studio MK2 and I am very pleased with them but I do feel that they need a more seriuos amplification than my Roksan Kandy

to get the best from them . my budget is up to 3K pounds . I auditioned till now the ROTEL 1580+1582 and Storm Audio V55 with good results . The match with Musical Fidelity M6 or Roksan Caspian was not good enough .

Any suggestions :quest:

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Another thumbs-up for the Sugden Masterclass integrated. It works like magic with the ProAc D18 so I'm guessing it'll be the same with the Studio 140 Mk II.

Another possibility is the Karan integrated which I actually heard driving the Studio 140s very well. Plenty of drive, punch and detail. An outside contender might be the Naim SuperNait.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the speakers, I hope you enjoy them, still love mine and will be moving soon and will have a much bigger room to use them in and give them more space to breathe.

If I was looking for an amp I would be certain to try the Sugden, I heard the Mystro and was a bit underwhelmed to be honest but I am hugely intrigued how the Masterclass IA 4 sounds, it would be the top of my list to listen to.

As you have already discounted the MF 6 and the Caspian which would be on my listening list my only other suggestion would be something like the Naim 202/200 pre/power combination.

I hope you find what you're looking for , I hope your search doesn't give me an itch !

Good luck and have fun

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

thanks for your suggestions .

I found that the Caspian is too light and soft for the Proac's the sound was somhowe "oily" , I was surprised to find out that the Musical Fidelity M6

is hardly pushing the Proacs on "12 o'clock" volume level . the Rotel power/pre 1580+1582 gave good results also the Storm Audio V55 .

Any other suggestions ?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
Hi all

thanks for your suggestions .

I found that the Caspian is too light and soft for the Proac's the sound was somhowe "oily" , I was surprised to find out that the Musical Fidelity M6

is hardly pushing the Proacs on "12 o'clock" volume level . the Rotel power/pre 1580+1582 gave good results also the Storm Audio V55 .

Any other suggestions ?

What about Bel Canto (eg. Pre 3VB / Ref 150s Power), which gives a very clean, detailed musical sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts