Need Advice o Nait 5i, Kefs, Proacs and Focals

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Btw, my deal is selling an Arcam A90 for $500. Do you think its a worthy amp?

CnoEvil said:
heresiarh said:
I do agree about the cables, however I think the warmness of the arcam might solve that problem.

Big Chris has Arcam gear, and switched QED for Atlas and was pleased with the result here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/atlas-hyper-20-conundrum-what-would-you-do?page=4#comment-2647882

Ahem...

I've had terrific results with Chord and Merlin Chopin cables and Arcam.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
heresiarh said:
I do agree about the cables, however I think the warmness of the arcam might solve that problem.

Big Chris has Arcam gear, and switched QED for Atlas and was pleased with the result here: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/atlas-hyper-20-conundrum-what-would-you-do?page=4#comment-2647882

Ahem...

I've had terrific results with Chord and Merlin Chopin cables and Arcam.

Unfortunately the dealers here only carry QED and Monster.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
don't worry about your cables, blind testing would set your mind at rest. no one who recommends changing cables can tell them apart without seeing them. ie, the differences in sound have nothing to do with your ears. i have directly compared qed silver anniversary to atlas hyper 3.0 - no difference, none whatsoever.

A

Anonymous

So far 28hrs in. I can now start hearing the bass coming out of my ProAcs ... Can't wait when they are fully ripe!

A

Anonymous

Well, so far 50hrs in and I'm starting to hear really nice lows ... still a long way to go though. Right now my setup is sounding 30% better of what I had previously. I'm a huge fan of Kef iQ30s, but these ProAcs are in a different league altogether. I haven't left the house in 3 days!

heresiarh said:
Well, so far 50hrs in and I'm starting to hear really nice lows ... still a long way to go though. Right now my setup is sounding 30% better of what I had previously. I'm a huge fan of Kef iQ30s, but these ProAcs are in a different league altogether. I haven't left the house in 3 days!

How many hours per day/week do you play music?

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
heresiarh said:

How many hours per day/week do you play music?

Normally, I do about 4-5 hours a day.

A

Anonymous

85 hours in and so far the system run in process is going well. The ProAcs are definitely responding and the sound is getting sweeter. However, a long ways to go before the lows really become effortless.

TRENDING THREADS