Need advice Marantz pm 230 or Nad 7130

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a Nad 7130 integrated amp (tuner doesn't work but amp is fine @ I think 30watts per channel - around 1987 vintage) or a Marantz pm 230 integrated amp (I think 50 per channel - around 1983 vintage). I'm not interested in the tuner aspect, just want a good 2nd hand amp to drive Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's (6 ohms).

The info about both is very sketchy - haven't been able to dig up much from the net. Any advice much appreciated!

thanks,

Terry

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I'd buy the Marantz, the Nad is already broken. I must admit though that I have a bit of a bias towards Marantz gear and love the styling of the 230 in particular.
I'm wondering what the respective prices are? Have you looked at ebay and the web in general for other choices?

A

Anonymous

Thanks andrewknight,

actually both are on ebay Nad is $120 & Marantz is $99 (Australian $). The Marantz is tempting, but one hears a lot rumours about Marantz peaking in the 1970's & seriously going downhill in the '80's etc. Nad also has that great reputation of cheap looks but great componants etc.

appreciate the advice,

Terry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts