Need a small very high fidelity portable headphone

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife just did a run-through of my headphones in a comparison to her beloved B&W P5. She didn't like anything I had until she listened to the Shure 1840, which she loved. But she wants a very compact portable, preferably closed and small like the P5, but with much better sound. Is such a thing available at any price? She did not like the v-moda M80 for example. Price is no object, but has to be small, not stick out like a Martian helmet, and sound really top notch - very hi-fi, but not bright. All of these requirements are critical.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow! You don't want much do you? :p.

If it was anyone else asking I would expect a reply from you. The fact that you are stumped is pretty scary! The VModa's being not liked - wow! What does she think of the Amperiors?

I imagine the conclusion will be that for the size it's not possible and if she really wants higher quality she'll have to bite the bullet and go with larger options. Personally I don't know why you would want high quality without high comfort but that's me.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
IEM's are a no-go, and she did try the Amperior, which I think she could live with if they weren't so bulky. The M80 is about the upper limit for size, but the fit isn't as good for her as the P5, and she said the highs lack sparkle. She does not subscribe to EQ as I do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts