Neat Iota vertical

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Hello

Maybe a daft question but is there any reason why Neat Iotas can't be positioned vertically like conventional speakers with the tweeter on the top? I quite fancy a pair but I'm not to keen on them positioned horizontally.

Thanks

Juzzie Wuzzie

As an owner of Neat Iotas, I can't see why not. The only thing you might find off-putting is the fact that the word "Neat" on the speaker face is at 90 degrees.

When I was purchasing my speakers, the guys at Neat were very responsive on e-mail, so you could e-mail them and ask whether they think there would be any sonic difference (which is really the question you are asking).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Ribbons, with their unique housings, radiate more directionally than a dome.

If you can't turn that housing in the speaker enclosure (some can be turned) you may find that the 'sweetspot', the area in front of the speaker which is ideal for listening changes in height or width.

Neats implementation of a planar or ribbon looks like it can't be turned and is probably ideally intended to be used as designed. It doesn't mean they can't be used upright but with the caveats mentioned before.

regards

edwardthelocal

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi TitusG,

how did you get on placing the Iotas upright. I have just bought some (not used them yet as not sure whether to buy unitilite or superuniti to match them with, not much space here so small speakers needed!!!)

thanks

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
Slightly off-topic, edward, but make your mind up quick as Naim prices rise at month-end. Welcome, btw!

speaking to a Naim dealer today (Castle Sound & Vision) about a unitilite and he is not aware of any price increase - where did you get this info?

I'm itching to swap my rega boxes!

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
edwardthelocal said:
Hi TitusG,

how did you get on placing the Iotas upright. I have just bought some (not used them yet as not sure whether to buy unitilite or superuniti to match them with, not much space here so small speakers needed!!!)

thanks
I haven't been able to try them out yet, still umming and ahhhing about the looks (would prefer grills to cover the drivers) but most importantly haven't got the funds at the moment.

Perhaps you could try yours upright and report back.

cheers

stevebrock said:
nopiano said:
Slightly off-topic, edward, but make your mind up quick as Naim prices rise at month-end. Welcome, btw!

speaking to a Naim dealer today (Castle Sound & Vision) about a unitilite and he is not aware of any price increase - where did you get this info?

I'm itching to swap my rega boxes!

Hi sb, here:

http://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/news262.html

and I think chebby, amongst others on this forum, has mentioned it too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts