NAS Password Headache ! HELP

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Just got my NAS and Airport runnung and it sounds great, but I have an issue at startup, i can not get on to my NAS on the local network until I have put in the NAS username/password, I dont think it is the NAS itself (Netgear STORA) I think it is something in Windows (Vista on PC XP on Netbook both the same) or it might be Norton although I have tried switching that off but it means I can not start iTuned untill I put in a username and password (Every tme I start [:mad:] ) even if I pick the remember my password and it is really bugging me. I have also tried mapping the drive but it does not reconnect I have to put the password in.

This is the screen I get

stora.jpg

Anyone got any ideas because if I had hair I would have pulled it out by now.

A

Anonymous

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
2. In the left pane, click Manage your network passwords.
3. Click Add.
4. In the Log on to box, type the name of the computer on the network or the URL of the website that you want to access.
5. In
the User name and Password boxes, type the user name and password that
you use for that computer or website, and then click OK.

(It may be called Manage Credentials - and then Windows Credentials - rather than Manahe network passwords depending what version windows u have)

A

Anonymous

Hi, i have an apple time capsule and had this problem with my windows pc. I tried the user name as "guest" and then the password as the password i set for wireless sharing under the "disks-file sharing" part of the airport utility that you use to set up the router. hope this helps, it worked for me.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the guidance, afraid it did not help
emotion-6.gif

I have been experimenting and if you use the IP address you can navigate in to the NAS without a password, so I am in the progress on moving my complete library to 192.168.1.3FamilyLibraryFamilyMusiciTunesiTunes Media instead of STORAFamilyLibraryFamilyMusiciTunesiTunes Media which to my mind is exactly the same place but what do I know.

A

Anonymous

I don't have a Netgear, but within 192.168.1.3 you should have an Admin screen - is there an option within that for setting up Shares and permissions? You may be able to map your music folder including all the folder levels to a new sharename and make it read for everyone ?

A

Anonymous

edit the file C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts using wordpad

Add the line

192.168.1.3 STORA

save, and reboot and the ip address and name will be linked, so u can just refer to it as STORA

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the extra info looks like using the IP address has worked, there is a stora desktop agent that logs you in at startup which is why I did not need to enter the password, as it is working i'm not going to play with it any more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts