Nait 5 to TV

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
If the TV has Left & Right RCA phono sockets then connect those to the 'AV' input on the Nait.

If you have a Nait 5i or 5i then you can use straightforward RCA 2 phono -> RCA 2 phono cables.

However, the earlier Nait 5 model has all 5 pin DIN input connectors so i suggest getting a Chord Crimson 5 Pin DIN --> RCA 2 phono cable.

You will (generally) get better quality sound by using your DVD recorder's Freeview tuner (or Freeview box or Sky box) as the TV tuner and connecting audio from that instead.

Alternatively...

If your TV/DVD recorder/Freeview/Sky (or whatever) has an optical (Toslink) digital audio output then connect that to an external DAC (like the Beresford models or a Musical Fidelity V-Dac) and then connect the DAC to your Nait 5 with RCA phono cable (or Phono -> DIN in the case of the Nait 5). This gives an even better quality 2ch sound.

John Duncan

All of what chebby says is true from a purist point of view, but as a cheap alternative I also got really good results from the headphone socket of my TV, which gave the added advantages of 1) volume control from the TV remote and b) really surprisingly impressive 'pseudo surround' if your TV has such a facility.

Not the last word in 'high fidelity', but an enormous and worthwhile improvement on bog-standard TV sound.

Psymon9

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to control the volume via tv remote if my tv doesn't have a headphone jack? When i connect the tv to the amp using RCA connections it stays at a constant loud level and is not adjustable via t.v or hi-fi remote!

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If your tv has a fixed line out then you cannot use the tv remote but if like some tv (mine for example) it has the option of a variable line out then you can use the tv remote, it maybe worth lookijng if there is the option to do this via the tv's setup menu.

I do not know your amp but does it not have an aux input, normally the AV input is simply a rebadging of the pre amp IN input and therefore bypasses the amps volume control whereas the other line ins go through the amps preamp, and therefore volume control, stage so you should use one of these inputs if available.

Or as was suggested use a freeview/sky/freesat type box as these have variable volume audio outputs (well mine do)

Tommo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts