cihan

Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
I am new in Hifi, so i can say that i am beginner :) Therefore, i need support. I plan to buy Monitor Audio Gold 200 (4g) or 300 and i listened them with Roksan Blak, It was really amazing, but Roksan Blak is unfortunately too expensive for my budget, because i also have to add a network player to it and this could be an option for me maybe in 4-5 years.

I am wondering if there is anybody, who can advise me, if an all-in-one option could be a satisfying solution for me. I was wondering if Naim Uniti Atom would be enough to drive Golds. I do not want to have an average result after having this level of speakers. For example; I listened MA Silver 200 with Cambridge Audio CXA80, but i did not like how it sound. It was good but not exciting for me.

If anybody could help me, i will appreciate :)

Pokey

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
Monitor Audio recommends amps from 80W – 200W, the Uniti Atom only delivers 40W per channel, which obviously is far below the recommendation. It might still sound fine, but maybe the Naim Uniti Nova or the Uniti Star might be better options? The NAD M10 also might be worth a try – it's even smaller and more feature packed than the Uniti Atom and delivers 100W per channel through Hypex ncore amplification.

rainsoothe

Hi. In your position, I would go with the amp that best suits the speakers you choose, and buy a cheap (but good) source, which can be replaced at a later date. Obviously you like the Roksan house sound, and it's a great partnership with MA Golds, so why not get a Roksan Caspian M2 (around 2000 pounds new, or 1500ish or lower if you buy used) + a Yamaha WXAD 10 for example? Alternatively, maybe a dealer can make you an offer on a Blak so that, together with speakers, you don't go over budget. And you can replace the Yamaha streamer with a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 or something at a later date.

Reactions: EricLeRouge

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Unless I missed something, you don't need a streamer with a Roksan Blak. If you have a computer, you just need audio software (I strongly recommend Audirvana) and either play your music wireless (bluetooth AptX) or preferably through a good USB cable, Audioquest Pearl works wonders at little cost..

PS - if you have an old laptop sitting somewhere gathering dust, it will do just fine as a dedicated player/streamer, and you can use an app on your smartphone to drive it wirelessly.

Last edited:
Unless I missed something, you don't need a streamer with a Roksan Blak. If you have a computer, you just need audio software (I strongly recommend Audirvana) and either play your music wireless (UpnP) or preferably through a good USB cable, Audioquest Pearl works wonders at little cost..
Quite possibly but I guess it would need the computer to be in the same room as the hifi for convenience unless it can be controlled with a mobile phone.

Reactions: EricLeRouge

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Quite possibly but I guess it would need the computer to be in the same room as the hifi for convenience unless it can be controlled with a mobile phone.
I think having a "old gen" computer as a dedicated player/streamer makes a lot of sense from a cost/performance point of view.

I don't know about other software that exist, but Audirvana has an app to control your computer from your smartphone.

I tried Roon but found it too expensive and too complicated for my own use, so Audirvana was just the right fit, for me at least.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts