naim or marantz for quad speakers

alializadeh

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
hi

i'm wondering wich amp sounds the best for my music taste (most of the time country, rock, Peter Gabriel stuff, and rarely classical).

i currently have a marantz pm6004, but i can sell it and buy a naim nait 3.

what do you think? should i do it or not?

A good guess eh?

If you are looking at the same Nait 3 as I then I would not bid more than £200.

Naim has a well known 'house' sound and you will either like it or hate it.

Have you heard any Naim stuff before?

I would say it would go well with the 11L's though others will disagree.

How much of an 'improvement' it will be over what you already have will be down to your ears only. :)

alializadeh

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
no, i have not heard the naim yet, but have a appointment with the seller, tonight and yeah, how did you know? :p

he asks 340 euros for it and someone bid 350 for my pm6004. you know, there are thousends of combinations, and i think that you never going to be satisfied if you are awae that there are better stuff on the market.

however, some review say it is he worste amp that naim has ever made, on the other hand some say that it is a fairely good amp with a lot of punch in the base, suited for rock music.

i don't know what to believe anymore.

matthewpiano

I loved the Nait 3 I had and thought it sounded excellent with my Quad 11Ls. The Quads really respond to higher quality amplification and the Nait 3 is a much better amp than the Marantz.

However, have you considered the Rega Brio-R?

alializadeh

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
no, i have not

however ( after my visit to a audiophile today) i am considering if i am going to buy the quads or not. the guy told me never to buy a band new speaker, always second hand, and by that i am really doubting if i am going to buy the quads.

and for the amp: i narrowed it don to 2 this time : naim nait 3 or atoll ni80/ni50

here are some speakers i found second hand, anyone recognizes some of hese?

Elipson B 1303 donnet direct 100Heco Victa Prime 302quadal rondo[/list]
they are in the same prce area of the quads.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
i alway thought the nait 3 was a top amp and retailed for around 600 if i remember rightly......what hifi gave it 5 stars saying it had tremendous power for a 30watter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts