Naim CD5i + Naim Nait 5i vs Cyrus CD8x + Cyrus 8VS2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was about to buy my Naim CD5i + Nait 5i (italics) when I saw and heard the Cyrus system. Both were equally good. Now I am in a dilemma. Both systems are of same price and both are equally good. Please help me choose.

My speakers would either be a B&W 704 or a Dali Mentor 6.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ganeshkualalumpur"]

I was about to buy my Naim CD5i + Nait 5i (italics) when I saw and heard the Cyrus system. Both were equally good. Now I am in a dilemma. Both systems are of same price and both are equally good. Please help me choose.

My speakers would either be a B&W 704 or a Dali Mentor 6.

Thanks
[/quote]

I don't think you can go wrong with either really. I would imagine both are excellent choices and i'm sure you will hear different praise from different people. Again, it all comes down to personal taste. Both will give you a different sound. Having recently auditioned the Naim5i (italic)vs Cyrus 8vs2 i preferred the Cyrus sound with all types of music, rather than the Naim, but i know many others will prefer the Naim. Try and audition both for as long as you can and see which one you enjoy the most. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Your splitting hairs and it's down to personal preference, so now you've narrowed it down it's got to be a head to head demo. Take 3 or 4 of your favourite CDs and let your ears decide.

I had pretty much the same situation - it was the Cyrus 6 partnership against the Roksan once I'd wittled it down. I found the Cyrus slightly faster and punchier than the Roksan in the end. Then it all went t1ts up when I asked to 'just' hear the CD8X and 8VS2 combo for future ref, well that really stuffed my bank balance.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
One is upgradeable the other one is'nt. Whether that 'upgradeability' is a good thing you have to decide. It can cost a great deal, can be confusing and you could be forever unsatisfied. On the other hand ...

Personally, I prefer the cyrus'es but could well imagine that with certain speakers the naims shine.

A

Anonymous

I found the Cyrus to be detailed and precise and can impress at first. NAIM was less detailed but played music in a really enjoyable way. I found on lengthy listening that I forgot about the gear when listening on the Naim and enjoyed the CDs that I was listening to. The Cyrus tended to distract me more, sometimes due to hearing a little bit extra detail that I hadn't noticed before but mainly because I didn't get the real sense of a band playing. Personal opinion obviously.

On the speaker front, I would recommend that you listen to the Neat Motive 2 speakers. For me at least they stood out as being good all rounders, only appreciably bettered by speakers that were much larger and costing £2,000 or more.

Dr Beat

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ganesh

Out of curiousity, what did you get finally?? The thread does not say, except that you were looking to choose between the cyrus and the naim, and speakers , which BW model? Personally, i have only heard the 684 vs 685 vs CM1, and thought the CM1 was the best n this broup test, i loved the fact it was small and did not take up lots of space and yet giving such great sound.

Tell us, okay.

A

Anonymous

I have never been personally fond of Naim, although I know many that find it's sheer musical ability a joy particularly for extended listening.

I would go for the Cyrus combo for it's detail resolution in particular, but extended listening can be fatiguing if not partnered properly. Spendor's work a treat with these (IMO).

*Saya pun dari Kuala Lumpur*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts