Naim Arriva - reviews anywhere?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, intrerested in the Naim Arriva, not seen any reviews anywhere - obviously the best review is your own audition but would still be interested in whether this was worth listening to at the price level?

Thanks.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
To be frank with you.....they are not even worth a demo! Naim's electronics are really rocks but somehow they made such a boring pairs of speakers. If you need a pair around that price try Neat Accoustic, Totem, ex-demo Roksan FR-5, the list goes on...................

A

Anonymous

Okay, have auditioned the Naims with Cyrus 6 set up as described in my other post. Also listened to Dynaudio 62, Dyn Focus 110, Rega R7 and Spendor S5E. I can conclude that it is always a good idea to take advice but listen and decide with your own ears!

The Spendors had a nice pleasing sound but were a little laid back for me.

Rega R7's I quite liked.

Dynaudio 62's were not terrific however the Focus 110's I really liked - great pacing and detailed soundstaging. Obviously not as much 'umph' as the floorstanders but a very good grip on vocals and percussion.

Then we come to the Naim, who don't have a great pedigree when it comes to speakers (well doesn't match their amps and source). I admit to being quite pleasantly surprised - they knocked out a 'big' sound with more energy than the other floorstanders, and still opened up lots of detail in the recordings. Tracks used to review where Iggy Pop 'Lust for life' and 'Passenger', David Bowie 'Life on Mars' and Gary Numan 'Cars'.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Have to say that if you haven't already bought the Cyrus player and amp and you like the Arivas you should probably try to have listen to them with Naim CD5i and NAIT 5i.

The company's products tend to have a synergy that ensures all-Naim systems are even greater than the sum of their parts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts