Nagra - wow

MrSinghsStereo

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Out of curiosity I recently borrowed a Nagra HD DAC and power supply from a friendly dealer . To my mind it’s the epitome of cool - old school and resembling equipment that wouldn’t look out of place in a soviet era nuclear control room . But wow , what a sound ! So good that I ended up buying it .

Reactions: A-Line

MrSinghsStereo

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Did you get the room treatments previously recommended? I’m also looking to upgrade but my room is also less than ideal.
Did you get the room treatments previously recommended? I’m also looking to upgrade but my room is also less than ideal.
I have spoken to a couple of people about the room treatments but havent made any changes. I did buy a quadraspire rack to house the 47kg amp. and the reorg has made room for the nagra. still using old cushions as bass traps! so now i have 2 DACs - the meridian 808v6 as cd / pre amp and MQA DAC and the Nagra which I will use solely for streaming from the Aurender N20 using a Shunyata USB cable. The next planned change is to replace the Rega RP10 with a Technics direct drive unit (to lower the box count)

Attachments

• IMG_9389.jpg
    IMG_9389.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 38

MrSinghsStereo

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Do you not find that speaker layout and sloping ceiling cause issues?
If not then you've a great system.
not jealous at all, honest..... :)
Speaker layout is fine . Wide and deep sound stage . The system excels at low volume listening which generally takes the room
Out of the equation .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts