NAD/Dacmagic or Rotel

shauncwalsh

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I currently have a cambridge audio CD4 connected to an NAD 314 amp via a Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 2 mk 2 with B&W Dm601 speakers. The problem is that there isn't enoughroom for the amp, tuner cd player and dac in the Castle Acoustics cabinet, the dac has to live on top and be disconnected and moved whenever i want to get access to the turntable. I was therefore thinking of replacing the dac and amp with the rotel RA11.

The sound of the current system is good (to my ears) would I be losing or gaining anything in sound quality by making the change?

Thanks

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you want to preserve the 'Nad sound', how about a Nad C356 with dac module added?

Nothing wrong with the Rotel of course, but it will probably change the sound of your system somewhat.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
shauncwalsh said:
that's a good suggestion and it would fit in the cabinet but then I would have to add a phono amp which probably wouldnt fit in.

My fault, I missed the bit about the record player.

Hence your logic in selecting the RA11/12. There must be other amps that offer both but if you like the Rotels (I prefer them to Nad, but they are different) this seems like a good choice. The Yamaha As501 has similar functionality and for a lower price, depends on you I guess.

Ideally you need to try them and see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts