Nad d7050 to network, impossible?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope not.

Anyways, I have tried pressing the wps button on my amp and then on my router (my router does only have a reset button) anyways i pressed that, nothing happened!
Then i tried to go to the webpage where the nad airplay menu should come up. When i did that it seemed that i had to have some code to my router??? i don't have that code? What can i do?, can it be so difficult to hook the amp up to the wireless network? Please help! Best regards Christian

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
There's also a simple way to do it, assuming your iOS device is already on your home wireless network.

1) Connect your iOS device to the 'dock' input on the back of the NAD using the white USB dock cable you got with the iOS device - the one you use for charging.

2) Press and release the WPS button on the rear of the NAD. The signal strength indicator on the D7050 display will appear, and flash.

3) A 'Share Wi-Fi Settings?' dialogue will appear on the screen of your iOS device. Click 'Allow'

4) The wireless settings on the iOS device will transfer, and the signal strength on the NAD will stop flashing and show solid. Disconnect the white Apple USB cable from the back of the NAD, and you're done

If that doesn't work, and assuming you have an iOS device (iPad or iPhone), it looks like you should use the 'wireless access point' method detailed on the same page of the manual

1. Press and hold for three seconds the WPS button on the amp, then release it. You'll get a flashing signal strength bars indication on the amp's display.

2.On you iPhone or iPad (or you could do this on a computer with a wi-fi connection, I guess) go into the wi-fi set-up, and change the network you're connected to from whatever the name of your network is to the one starting 'D7050' followed by a string of letters and numbers. Your iOS device (or computer) is now connected to the D7050, not your home network.

3.Go into the web browser on your iOS device or computer, and type http://192.168.1.1 into the address window, which should open the NAD configuration page.[/b]

4. Select the name of your usual home network from the '[/b]Service Set ID (SSID)' pulldown under 'Wireless LAN settings' on that NAD configuration page.[/b]

5. If you have a security passphrase on your wi-fi network (which you should have), enter it in the window which appears below the network name you have just selected. Bear in mind that if you have pressed the reset button on your wi-fi router, as you say you did, this may have set the wi-fi password back to the default one provided by the manufacturer. You may well find this default password on a label on the router.[/b]

6. Now select 'go' on the NAD set-up window to join it to your home network. 'OK' on the pop-up window that appears, and you're done. The flashing signal strength bars on the NAD will now turn solid (ie stop flashing).

7. All that remains is to go back into the wi-fi settings of your iOS device, or the computer you used for set-up, and switch it back to the name of your home network.

8.Your iOS device is now on the same network as the NAD amp.

Hope one of these works for you!

TRENDING THREADS