Nad d3020 and Dali Zensor 3 cables

swains

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I have just purchased a nad d3020 v2 (awaiting delivery) and dali Zensor 3's. These will go with Rega planar 3. This is my first setup and I am learning as I go. I was wondering if there were particular cables to link amp and speaker that anyone could recommend. Also, when doing a bit of research myself, there are several amp end / speaker end options such as banana plug / spade plug / bare wire... Which should I be getting?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Gray

Don't spend too much on cables Tom.
You want interconnecting leads with well screened, OFC cable and good quality RCA plugs.
I recommend banana plugs on your speaker leads.
If you're fitting your own, these are all you need:
(Don't be put off by the naff little logo, I've used a few different types and these are good).
Enjoy your kit when you eventually get it.

D

Deleted member 108165

Bare, spade or banana, it's all down to individual choice really. Banana and spade connections make it easier to connect/disconnect. Could also mix and match banana/spade/bare on speaker cable connections if you want. There's no hard and fast rules and I've never heard a difference using all three options.

Whatever you do don't think that bi-wiring will make any difference, because it won't, it's just a waste of cable :) And exotic/expensive speaker cable is for fools or those with Golden Ears.

swains

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Thanks all. I didn't realise that all connections would work so that is really good to know! These aren't being purchased in order to upgrade, just don't currently have any cables, so happy to go for low cost options, particularly if they don't make a huge impact on sound quality.

Would something like this be ok, with banana plugs at each end for convenience?

Thanks again,

Tom

Reactions: Dom
D

Deleted member 108165

These would do fine, up to you how they're terminated, take your pick. Don't forget that you'll need 2 at the same length. Usual b*llocks on the website about burn-in... cables don't require burn-in, they're plug and play.

There are other cheaper options available if you want to make the cables yourself, (as per Gray's post above), easy DIY project. If you want to go this route then come back and we'll point you in the right direction.

D

Deleted member 108165

Hey Tom. Why not give the Chord C-Screen a whirl.
Dom, I'm not saying that Tom shouldn't give the Chord a whirl, just saying that there are cheaper routes.

If he requires terminations at both ends @ 2.5m each cable that's £73 for a pair for the Chords.

You can pick-up terminated Van Damme Blue @ £23 for 2x2.5m. It's even cheaper if you buy the components and build the cables yourself, 2.5mm VD Blue can be had for £3.50 per metre off the Bay.

D

Deleted member 108165

Thanks all. All comments really helped. I went for Van Damme clear blue as they were really reasonable and had pretty good reviews from what I read.
Thanks for coming back to let us know of your progress (y) not many do:(

Reactions: rainsoothe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts