NAD C325BEE

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
I have been phoning around various relatively local Richer Sounds stores only to find that none of them have the Marantz PM6002 in stock. One of the Richer Sounds chaps told me to call back on Wednesday to check if they had any more news concerning delivery. If there is still no site of the Marantz, what would the 325BEE be like compared to the Marantz? I found it online for £200 including delivery.

So, is the Marantz worth the wait? Currently I am running my Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s off the most ghetto amp you could imagine - doesn't sound particularly good... But hey, at least they are running in.

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Unless I am mistaken, that Pioneer is £350 (just looked for it in the
review section)? That is a little over my budget, unfortunately, which
is £200 or so.

My father has kindly offered (well, I am going to force him) to drive to a hifi shop this weekend, thus allowing me to look at and try the Rotel.

Is the difference between the Rotel and the Marantz at all significant? I am now thinking that if I can find an RA-04 in a shop this weekend (this will probably be my only chance to visit a shop for at least a fortnight) and they do not have any of the PM6002s in, I may just get the Rotel. I'm sure my father would like that... He likes his Rotels (1070 pre and powers).

So I've gone from Marantz to NAD to Rotel... I'm awfully indecisive! I suppose it will be better when I just get to the shop point at the prettiest one they have in stock (I do like the looks of the Rotel, in black
emotion-5.gif
).

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
The RA-04 is more accurate, the sound is a lot tighter. Bass is more controlled and has more definition. The sound has a lot more weight to it than the Marantz. Powerful sound. Great amp for the money. I have heard the PM6002 and I really don''t understand what all the fuzz is about.

Try it, maybe you'll like it. No remote control though, but that's not a big issue for me.

Hope this helps
emotion-2.gif

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
What make of source player are you using as this may help the advice given ?

I have had a demo of the NAD 325 and the Marantz and preferred the NAD, it is slightly warmer and had a bit more bass punch and a good headphone socket. Marantz is very detailed and quite a bright sound. I have not heard the Rotel but it gets relatively good reviews for its price.

It is of course best to hear them all to compare if you can but i doubt you would be too dissappointed in any of them really at the price.

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes, ideally I will be able to find all 3 and have a listen to each. From the sounds of it, they are all respectable amps so I am sure I will be happy with either of them.

Thanks for all your input.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts