Partnering kit for wharfedale diamond 122?

Hayche

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping some of you good people could help me out as it is a bit if a head scratcher for me this!

I have took delivery of some wharfedale diamond 122 speakers and put them with my denon m39 and I must say the sound is sublime compared to the stock denons :)

basically I would like to know if it would be worth upgrading to seperate units like the marantz 6004 to get even better sound or would the difference not be as great as it sounds good already?

also would buying used cyrus or roksan gear be a waste of money as they could be bottle necked by the speakers?

h

jgma1975

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I rencently partnered them whith NAD 326 bee and sound amazing.

Im still impressed with the sound of those speakers .

:rockout:

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
IF you are happy with the sound stick with that for now, I don't think the Marantz 6004 would be a big step up in SQ. Also think you need to upgrade the speakers before buying an £800 amp.

gramps23

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My second system is a Denon M37DAB with Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's, and I have to say that the sound it makes is really very pleasant!

I have no doubt that you could get a better sound out of the Diamonds with some quality used seperates (they're very good speakers), but, as was pointed out above, if you're enjoying the system as is, then maybe you shouldn't rush into upgrading?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts