Nad 3020E Questions

gasolin

Now i have a NAd 3020 E and i have some questions

Speaker selection is set to normal 4 ohm (normal) i guess it's okay since my Mission lx-2 goes down to 4.4ohm according to mission

Manual not service manual, where can i get one, en electronic version would be okay.

God bass, a little brighter than i thought it would have been (after 30 min they all say it change sound), mabye supra classic is better since it's not as bright as qed strand 79, louder than my marantz amp(rated at 2x100watt 4ohm) WTF (it's beats my PM8005 nad 3020e has more oomph im suprised since i did own a Nad c316BEE and it is loud but not f...... loud)

Holy crap theres bass, This is a mans world David gog at 11o'clock (-10 db attanuators)

London kid (Remastered) Jean Michel Jarre why is it sooo loud at 10 o'clock? (no distortion,soft clipping off) *clapping*

Look at this nad amp dynamic power as pa amp and not the low wattage pa amp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK7xss_IcSg&t=2s

DSC_0577_big_thumb.JPG

insider9

Nice one! Congrats!

Welcome to the wonderful world of classic gear :) I wonder why it took you so long to do it, knowing how much you like bass.

How great of a value for money it is?! Exactly :)

gasolin

insider9 said:
Nice one! Congrats!

Welcome to the wonderful world of classic gear :) I wonder why it took you so long to do it, knowing how much you like bass.

How great of a value for money it is?! Exactly :)

It's a classic, but not vintage *beee*

Not easy to find one (denmark) in good condition for a reasonable price, nad 3020 a cost one place in denmark twice as much as i payed for my 3020e

gasolin

insider9 said:
Do you reckon you may be tempted by some classic speakers?

NO

I do how ever know that B&0 Beovox S45 with it's 8" bass has a very good bass (they are to big for my desk)

They could easily handle all the bass a philips 22 ah 305 could deliver someting like 11 or12 o'clock and bass at max and than loudness 14 db and 11 db amazing they could handle it (they where place in a corner)

gasolin

Pretty amazing bass

Radioactivity (live) minimum-maximum kraftwerk tidal hifi 10 o'clock -10 db attanuators use it for my pc, speakers like near field studiomonitos, in the begining of the song the bass i impressive, loud deep and distortion free.

Update also with Yello's Jungle bill (theres no need for a loudness button, if you think so you need better speakers)

gasolin

I have Rotel RCD-965bx le discrete, it's old and slightly damages but works, i don't think it comes close to having this smooth sound my Marantz CD5005 has , so i wouldn't like to get a cd player that matches the my amp since it might not sound as good as my marantz cd5005

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts