my x destroyed my arcam

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
help my x destroyed my sterio.but i salvaged my arcam alpha8 amp,7.c/d player and tuner.the only speakers i have left are my mission fxt,s everything still works but iam thinking about changeing the speaker what would you recomend???

and she cut the interconnects so iam useing the cheaper stuff its been along time since iv looked into the hifi world so any help wouldnt go amiss

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
69dodge:
help my x destroyed my sterio.but i salvaged my arcam alpha8 amp,7.c/d player and tuner.the only speakers i have left are my mission fxt,s everything still works but iam thinking about changeing the speaker what would you recomend???

and she cut the interconnects so iam useing the cheaper stuff its been along time since iv looked into the hifi world so any help wouldnt go amiss

ÿ

Ouch. Bunny boiler. You must have really upset her

ÿ

A

Anonymous

x is in a secure unit now.she did a lot worse trust me.2yrs of court battles etc iv fallen behind in what to buy.i wanna keep the arcam alpha stuff

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
don't know that mission speakers u have.guess u would have to choose between floorstanders or standmount ,then front or rear ported...rear ported are tricky...recently i've bought a pair os tangent-audio millennium 200 floorstander...a bit of a mess placing them correctly to get the best sound...thinking of buying standmounts but don't know what to buy.Are u happy with those speakers? what seems to be lacking in sound quality?

A

Anonymous

the mission speakers iam useing r those funny life style thing with a seperate sub but it all sounds confused now.had some old polk audio speakers they were good but x drove over them bet they sound a bit flat now

Lugs

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Know the feeling well mate. Linn lp12 smashed to bits. But every cloud has a silver lining. Set up a paypal account and go on a shopping spree on e-bay as you can sell anything on again if you don't like it. Great bargains to be had of same vintage as your kit.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Arcam 'house' sound, and I imagine you are too. So my advice would be:

1) Wait for magazine subscription offers on interconnects, you can pick up a £100 interconnect relatively easily within a month or two for the cost of £50's sub.

2) Speakers are budget and music style dependent - on a tight budget and vocal music, you coud do a lot worse than some Linn Index ls120 or Keleidh, if you want to spend more then some AVI Neutron IVs, if you want to push the boat out with a view to then upgrading the Arcs then some Dali Ikon 6 sound wonderful

3) Good luck

ÿ

A

Anonymous

hi lugs sorry about the linn lp12 ouch done the paypal thing just so much choice out there

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
a bit flat now ...lol...im 31 ...no Mrs.Ear yet....done with my share of crazy girlfriends though.Guess it would be better to go to some showroom..certainly they will have arcam amps and then u could hear it with a bunch of different speakers.Yes to much choice out there,but I still think its easier to buy speakers than amps..

A

Anonymous

You could also look at these which would be fine for your system, £50 beaters for a tenner.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Oh dear. I have seen hifi break up a relationship once before. Scottish, ex-navy guy, social worker who was on long term sick leave and married to a teacher. Big (early 1980s) Linn LP12/Ittok/Troika + 3xNaim NAP250 triamped Isobariks and Revox B77 mega system and only a fraction of it paid for. (Most on 'loan' from local dealer) Got into numerous expensive toys like huge aquarium (fish all died) pedigree Alsation dog (went mad in small back yard of their terraced house due to lazy slob 'on permanent sick-leave social worker' owner who could not be a@@ed to walk it or train it) etc etc.

As soon as his incredibly patient, hardworking (teacher) wife fell pregnant he suddenly got all his energy back and stole her car to drive back to Glasgow and live back with his mum so he could be "close to the Rangers". She had to take all the hi-fi back to the dealer only to find hubby had a whole lot of other gear 'on loan' that he had sold (unknown to everyone). She had to have the mad Alsation put down and it took three men to move the aquarium out. She also found he had not been paying the mortgage or various other bills. She had to go back to her parents when the house was taken back.

He used to buy two of every LP and araldite them back to back to make them more rigid. Luckily he only liked Dire Straits and Wagner. He would entertain visitors by playing a 12" Single of 'Telegraph road' or parts of the Ring Cycle at ear splitting, crazy-dog-in-backyard-silencing volumes and scream in manic Scottish "Sss Goood isnay? Hey? Good? Yes?" at frequent intervals. People would be too scared to disagree in case he let the dog in!

That was the first LP12/Naim owner I ever met. Not a good first impression of the 'breed' I dare say. (Apologies to all the normal Linn and Naim owners reading.)

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
If you must buy interconnects now then the van den hul d102 III is a great match with Arcam. £25-35 on fleabay.

You're surely having a laugh! Last pair I saw went for £60!ÿ

daveh75

69dodge:x is in a secure unit now.she did a lot worse trust me.2yrs of court battles etc iv fallen behind in what to buy.i wanna keep the arcam alpha stuff

good man, for keeping the arcams.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Octopo:JoelSim:
If you must buy interconnects now then the van den hul d102 III is a great match with Arcam. £25-35 on fleabay.

Eh?

ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Oh dear. I have seen hifi break up a relationship once before. Scottish, ex-navy guy, social worker who was on long term sick leave and married to a teacher. Big (early 1980s) Linn LP12/Ittok/Troika + 3xNaim NAP250 triamped Isobariks and Revox B77 mega system and only a fraction of it paid for. (Most on 'loan' from local dealer) Got into numerous expensive toys like huge aquarium (fish all died) pedigree Alsation dog (went mad in small back yard of their terraced house due to lazy slob 'on permanent sick-leave social worker' owner who could not be a@@ed to walk it or train it) etc etc.As soon as his incredibly patient, hardworking (teacher) wife fell pregnant he suddenly got all his energy back and stole her car to drive back to Glasgow and live back with his mum so he could be "close to the Rangers". She had to take all the hi-fi back to the dealer only to find hubby had a whole lot of other gear 'on loan' that he had sold (unknown to everyone). She had to have the mad Alsation put down and it took three men to move the aquarium out. She also found he had not been paying the mortgage or various other bills. She had to go back to her parents when the house was taken back.He used to buy two of every LP and araldite them back to back to make them more rigid. Luckily he only liked Dire Straits and Wagner. He would entertain visitors by playing a 12" Single of 'Telegraph road' or parts of the Ring Cycle at ear splitting, crazy-dog-in-backyard-silencing volumes and scream in manic Scottish "Sss Goood isnay? Hey? Good? Yes?" at frequent intervals. People would be too scared to disagree in case he let the dog in!That was the first LP12/Naim owner I ever met. Not a good first impression of the 'breed' I dare say. (Apologies to all the normal Linn and Naim owners reading.)

What's her number?

ÿ

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:Octopo:JoelSim:

Eh?

ÿ

I sold a pair of VDH The Bay last week for £45...ÿ

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAN-DEN-HUL-D102-MKIII-0-5M-HI-END-INTERCONNECT-CABLE_W0QQitemZ260279117502QQihZ016QQcategoryZ116850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ÿ

A

Anonymous

chebby:Oh dear. I have seen hifi break up a relationship once before. Scottish, ex-navy guy, social worker who was on long term sick leave and married to a teacher. Big (early 1980s) Linn LP12/Ittok/Troika + 3xNaim NAP250 triamped Isobariks and Revox B77 mega system and only a fraction of it paid for. (Most on 'loan' from local dealer) Got into numerous expensive toys like huge aquarium (fish all died) pedigree Alsation dog (went mad in small back yard of their terraced house due to lazy slob 'on permanent sick-leave social worker' owner who could not be a@@ed to walk it or train it) etc etc.

As soon as his incredibly patient, hardworking (teacher) wife fell pregnant he suddenly got all his energy back and stole her car to drive back to Glasgow and live back with his mum so he could be "close to the Rangers". She had to take all the hi-fi back to the dealer only to find hubby had a whole lot of other gear 'on loan' that he had sold (unknown to everyone). She had to have the mad Alsation put down and it took three men to move the aquarium out. She also found he had not been paying the mortgage or various other bills. She had to go back to her parents when the house was taken back.

He used to buy two of every LP and araldite them back to back to make them more rigid. Luckily he only liked Dire Straits and Wagner. He would entertain visitors by playing a 12" Single of 'Telegraph road' or parts of the Ring Cycle at ear splitting, crazy-dog-in-backyard-silencing volumes and scream in manic Scottish "Sss Goood isnay? Hey? Good? Yes?" at frequent intervals. People would be too scared to disagree in case he let the dog in!

That was the first LP12/Naim owner I ever met. Not a good first impression of the 'breed' I dare say. (Apologies to all the normal Linn and Naim owners reading.)

Chebby's Autobiography - The Early Years (Before the Audiophile Kicked in).........

Fuelled by mad amounts of Irn Bru and Vodka..........

Before reading the first post fully, I thought he meant X Series........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts