My thoughts on your site

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Good response austin !

The original post was just a bunch of old tosh from someone with nothing better to do.

As has been said, we are here for the content...

I don't know of any site (there may be some) where you get so much input from the magazine staff. There are more editors in this forum than there are in a pub on fleet street. Where else could you just ask a question and get a response from someone like Andrew or Clare?

I would like to suggest that anyone wanting to write anything that bemoans, belittles, or just plain attacks the site, do it somewhere else, whilst all others can say something constructive and help to build on what we already enjoy!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
groberton:There are more editors in this forum than there are in a pub on fleet street.

Not many editors in the pubs in Fleet Street these days! But thanks for the support.

A

Anonymous

As you can see I am a new bloke on the block and I like what I see; and read. I subscribed to the mag for several years with the specific objective of gaining all the information from which I have been able to physically build a "Home Cinema", complete with curtains. Everything is "built-in" and all the equipment was chosen on the strength of the mag's labs etcetera and it wows everyone who experiences it. Rightly, or wrongly from the mag's perspective, I cancelled my subscription in favour of just buying the editions that covered my particular "flavour of the month" and avoiding all that angst over mouthwatering kit that I just cannot afford. Bad decision but these forums will no doubt fill a gap for the time being.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

JAK.

T

the record spot

probedb:
I know you're obviously on Microsoft hardware from the .aspx extensions but even the free PHP based forum phpBB 3 is 10x better than this?

Plus when I login to the site it doesn't log me into the forum? I have to login again.

This message reply box works bizarrely in FF3, it defaults to putting a single space at the beginning of a new paragraph for some reason.

Finally, from a web development perspective, you shouldn't be using a Transitional doctype, the site doesn't even validate with a Transitional doctype which is one of the easiest things to do. I understand you're probably using some sort of CMS but in this day and age, building a new website like this is something I'd be embarassed to do as a web developer....well I actually couldn't build a website like this any more.

You know, there are better ways to tout for business than this....

TRENDING THREADS