my system

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I think my speakers are not quite up with the amp but we will see. I love the Dyns they do everything well but I know I can do better. I just had a look at your Kefs and I cant say Ive heard them but they look the bomb, I miss floorstanders. :(

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Boomer said:
I think my speakers are not quite up with the amp but we will see. I love the Dyns they do everything well but I know I can do better. I just had a look at your Kefs and I cant say Ive heard them but they look the bomb, I miss floorstanders. :(

See how you get on with them and compare them to atc scm 19s but if it were me id have the atc40s floor standers

I have a pretty small living room at 3.1x4.1m, is that ok for the atc40s?

Hi Boomer

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry for my late reply. I had meant to reply on Sunday evening however I ended up falling asleep whilst watching a Columbo movie *biggrin* Woke up in the early hours of Monday morning thinking my bed looks and feels strange only to realise that I am still on the Sofa *biggrin* I guess after a 110 hour week even us nineteen year olds
shades_smile.gif
need some sleep
thumbs_up.gif
I was too busy and tied down with work yesterday.

Anyway, I don't know the Magnum but i know of the Nakamichi and the Eastern Electric. No idea how this combination will compare to the H360 though.

I can see the H360 being a good match for the Focus 160's. The H360's bass grip in particular should be be an excellent tonic for the Focus 160's. I believe Dynaudio also partly use Hegel amplification
regular_smile.gif

We use Q Acoustics Concept 20 speaker stands.

Hegel amplification and ATC monitors are a top match
shades_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Boomer said:
Andrewjvt said:
Boomer said:

See how you get on with them and compare them to atc scm 19s but if it were me id have the atc40s floor standers

I have a pretty small living room at 3.1x4.1m, is that ok for the atc40s?

All atc are sealed design so not as critical in position etc but only tou can decide that.

Id arrange a home demo before committing to anything.

Having said all that id def see how the dynaudios go first.

Id be interested to see how they sound also

I will take your advice next year and get some demos done.

Cheers ;)

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Boomer

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry for my late reply. I had meant to reply on Sunday evening however I ended up falling asleep whilst watching a Columbo movie *biggrin* Woke up in the early hours of Monday morning thinking my bed looks and feels strange only to realise that I am still on the Sofa *biggrin* I guess after a 110 hour week even us nineteen year olds need some sleep I was too busy and tied down with work yesterday.

Anyway, I don't know the Magnum but i know of the Nakamichi and the Eastern Electric. No idea how this combination will compare to the H360 though.

I can see the H360 being a good match for the Focus 160's. The H360's bass grip in particular should be be an excellent tonic for the Focus 160's. I believe Dynaudio also partly use Hegel amplification

We use Q Acoustics Concept 20 speaker stands.

Hegel amplification and ATC monitors are a top match

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

No problem for the late reply, I like a bit of classic columbo every now and then. ;)

I will stick a mini review on here with the Dynaudios in the next couple of weeks let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Andrewjvt said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Andrewjvt said:
That would be good although ive made my mind up on the passive 40s with the 360

Thats my system for next 10 years. But have to wait till after new year

Hi Andrew

curved SCM40/H360 is a top combination I still cannot get over the qualities of the H360 though. Whilst packing up last night i must have stopped at least seven times last night to admire the performance of the H360 only to realize that i must finish up and go home *biggrin* Simply put that football analogy about the H360 was spot on

Btw, we had a client who has had his H360 for a few weeks visit us recently. He was ecstatic about the H360 "unbelievable" "i've never sat down and listened to music for hours before" "absolutely stunning"

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

2 channel bluray using rca is also very good

Hi Andrew

Why are you using RCA please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Just had a chance to plug the H360 in for the first time, I've had it playing for an hour now and oh my God! It is the greatest sound I have ever heard in my living room, its so pure, clean and precise!!!!!

Wait out for a full review in a week or two, its going to be a good one!!! ;)

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
So you've had your new amp for nearly a week and you're only know powering it up ?

A week ago you were so excited but have managed to hold back using it until now.

Weird.

I didn't end up getting it until Tuesday and I've been away all week so its been sitting in its box at home. There was a delay at customs according to my dealer.

I hope this explains it for you. ;)

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm considering the H160 to replace my Roksan (don't think my funds will stretch to the 360). Just need to sort out a demo first, and sell a couple of unneeded hi-fi bits and pieces.

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
Glad you're enjoying it. I'm considering the H160 to replace my Roksan (don't think my funds will stretch to the 360). Just need to sort out a demo first, and sell a couple of unneeded hi-fi bits and pieces.

I was worried that I was going to be dissapointed, I have been let down by many company's in the past with sound, but this is truely in a different league. They really know what there doing at Hegel, it took a good couple of hours to open up and I recon that it will only get better.
I will give it some more listening over the next couple of weeks and write a good review.

I don't think you can go wrong with any Hegel Amps, they are pure bang for buck in my eyes(ears)!!!

Boomer said:
Just had a chance to plug the H360 in for the first time, I've had it playing for an hour now and oh my God! It is the greatest sound I have ever heard in my living room, its so pure, clean and precise!!!!!

Hi boomer

Sounds familiar
thumbs_up.gif
One our clients is to put it mildly also pleased with his new H360 powering Monitor Audio's GX200's
regular_smile.gif

"unbelievable"

"i've never sat down and listened to music for hours before"

"absolutely stunning"

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Boomer

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Boomer said:

Hi boomer

Sounds familiar  One our clients is to put it mildly also pleased with his new H360 powering Monitor Audio's GX200's

"unbelievable"

"i've never sat down and listened to music for hours before"

"absolutely stunning"

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks Rick, I don't think were going to find anything as good as the H360 in that price bracket. Just in the process of redecorating my living room so the Hegel is out of action this weekend but I've got all week to really get into it.

Got a new Hifi rack on the way too. ;)

alexlyf

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have a pair of ATC 11 and considered upgrading to a 19 or 40 in may be a few years. Do you think a H160 would be more than sufficient? or will the extra cost for a H360 a complete waste of money?

Cheers,

Alex

alexlyf

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for sharing your views!

I haven't had a chance to listen to either amps until later this month. The shop here will set up both models for comparison, so I am really looking forward to that.

Rick, my pair of ATC 11 is Mk II and I heard it's supposed to be easier to drive. I know Steve here is using a H160 with his ATC40 so I wonder if he would have a second thought about the models.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply.

For a comparison betewen the H160 and the H360 please try listening to Professional Loving by Emika. The H160 is no slouch however with this track you should find the superiority of the H360 readily apparent (particularly if you're looking at using curved SCM19's or curved SCM40 monitors).

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

stevee1966 said:
Rick Do you think the difference between the 160 and the 360 would be equally apparent when playing rock / prog / guitar based music ?

Hi Steve

Yes
thumbs_up.gif
and so far no one has picked a H160 over H360 and that's no mean feat
regular_smile.gif
Either way based on what our clients and i have heard your B&W speakers are going to love the grip, control, drive and power of Hegel amplification
shades_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts