gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

After moving house earlier in the year finally completed the important side of move.

DSC00656_zps11025a75.jpg.html

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Lovely unit. Plenty of breathing room for the acoustics to sound good too.

I wonder if there are many reflections from the table top? It might be worth moving the speakers forwards to the edge to see if it improves the sound.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
RobinKidderminster said:

I wonder if there are many reflections from the table top? It might be worth moving the speakers forwards to the edge to see if it improves the sound.

I agree, and maybe look at de-coupling them from the cabinet, using something like Granite / Blu-tac or Auralex Mopads.

Lovely job.

Cno

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
lovely looking system :)

can i ask what speakers you have on the unit.....and are you using the 3001's as presence(front height speakers)?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
steve_1979 said:
RobinKidderminster said:

I agree, and maybe look at de-coupling them from the cabinet, using something like Granite / Blu-tac or Auralex Mopads. Lovely job. Cno

Possibly even some small desktop speaker stands to raise them up a bit.

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

The speakers are Spendor SA1 and are not part of the surround sound, they are on blue tack, i had not thought

to bring them forward i suppose for the asethitics, ill have a go

The room is quite large, its an apartment and is 7 x 5m, the kitchen and rear speakers are behind the viewpoint.

i am getting a little itch to put a bigger TV on the wall, however it would probably mean re-positioning the front L and R,

have looked at the panasonic 50GT50.

:cheers:

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi

thanks again for positive feedback,

What make is your cabinet if you don't mind me asking?

Oddly enough i was trying to find it on-line the other day and failed, i remember using "very large TV unit" or "2m TV unit" in the search if that helps.

thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts