living in a box,living in a shiny box

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
After finally giving into the other half in our main listening room and replacing the carpet with an amtico vinyl floor and swapping the big curtains for interal shutters, the sound of my system has lost all of it's bass. Any suggestions other than moving house! Playing vinyl seems particularly affected

After finally giving into the other half in our main listening room and replacing the carpet with an amtico vinyl floor and swapping the big curtains for interal shutters, the sound of my system has lost all of it's bass. Any suggestions other than moving house! Playing vinyl seems particularly affected
This is more my area as I'm good at tweaking the room acoustics.

I'm afraid the room is too echoey hence the perceived lack of bass (high frequencies are probably shrill).

The only real solution is to change your system to a smoother kit or compromise in the room by adding a large rug and replacing the shutters with curtains. Whichever way you choose to go, for Christmas, treat your wife to a new range of acoustic panels - more original than a onesie or a new frock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts