My system 5 weeks after moving

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Hello John,

I think the smaller the speaker the more wife friendly they all are!

The new unit has a very dark grey class on the top and the same dark grey glass for the 3 doors on the front. The sides are then in black but not really glossy. Its perfect for what I need as its very child proof so my daughter can't stick her fingers everywhere, its also fully vented so unlike the unit I've got at the mo all my kit will not cook in it.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
A few more pics with the new Bdi unit

5277930888_f8cef258fc_z.jpg

5277927536_30c1463b19_z.jpg

A

Anonymous

Looking good, i see you sorted the pf40 too.
The unit looks great aswell, good effort !!

Cheers

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
That is a seriously nice cabinet!!! Keeps the front of the unit looking very tidy indeed!! Wish my cabinet had glass doors on the front of it and a cable management system at the back. What put me off a 3 component wide system was that it would limit the amount of space either side for my rx 6's and sub!! There would have been no wall on show at all!! Did think about the atacama equinox av but was not being loved by my wife!! The cabinet that is!! A serious investment in the bdi also but very cool!!

Nice one!!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
stu31:Looking good, i see you sorted the pf40 too. The unit looks great aswell, good effort !! Cheers

Thanks!

I can just make out in natural light the PF40 is silver so i'm defo going to spray it black, it will bug me otherwise!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
john1000000boy:

That is a seriously nice cabinet!!! Keeps the front of the unit looking very tidy indeed!! Wish my cabinet had glass doors on the front of it and a cable management system at the back. What put me off a 3 component wide system was that it would limit the amount of space either side for my rx 6's and sub!! There would have been no wall on show at all!! Did think about the atacama equinox av but was not being loved by my wife!! The cabinet that is!! A serious investment in the bdi also but very cool!!

Nice one!!

It is a very nice cabinet and its built brilliantly, the cable management works a treat, before my Alphason unit had to be 3-4 inches off the wall becuase of cables,now because of the managment system in this one the BDI unit is tight to the skirting.

I dont know if you've already seen but BDI do do the unit in a 2 door version?

A

Anonymous

nicholasc1585:
Keiser,

Great looking set up
emotion-21.gif
Whilst I'm saying 'what an awesome looking tv set-up' my wife is using the same verb about your photo's but unfortunately with reference to your wooden floor! Bit of a sore point (like my knees) in this house at the moment as I've just finished fitting one myself. That's a wooden floor, sadly not a tv!
emotion-9.gif

Enjoy!

tis a very nice shiny floor to
emotion-15.gif

michael hoy

stu31 said:
Got a silver one, took the front panel off, coated it in plastic primer and sprayed it satin black theres a pic in the "my stuff" thread on here

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/523428.aspx

Cheers

Sorry to jump on this.

Did you have to remove the casing to remove the front panel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts