Visit site
A few pics to show everyone my system.

5244569122_f24d94e0ff_z.jpg

5243970079_7466078276_z.jpg

5243768719_c753c337be_z.jpg

5243764903_e15e57f240_z.jpg

could'nt have timed this one better

5243965489_22bbdc6dac_z.jpg

Hope you all like the set up. I've got my eye on a BDI mirage av unit so when thats arrived i'll post new pics.

A

Anonymous

Very slick like that alot, just gotta colour the pf40 to match !!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi Micheal, thank you for your comments much appreciated.

roger06, the mission's are definatly "enemy friendly" speakers. They look good and sound good aswell, I recently watched How To Train A Dragon on Blu-ray with the Pioneer amp on the THX Cinema setting and i was really impressed buy the quality. I had a Denon avr 1909 before and thought the speakers sounded good then but this Pioneer LX72 really made a night and day difference.

Lewis P, the belkin has made a difference to the sky pic, there is definatly less pic noise on the standard channels,as for Blu-ray and gaming i've not really noticed a difference.

stu31, i hunted high and low for a black one and couldn't get one! i'm going to wait and see what it looks like in the BDi unit and if it stands out i'll be popping out for black spray.Did you manage to get a black one or have you sprayed yours?

Need some advice now, how do you mange to copy a thread i want to reply to and paste it in the box i then reply in? I've tried quote but that didnt get me anywhere..........

Messiah

keiser1:

Need some advice now, how do you mange to copy a thread i want to reply to and paste it in the box i then reply in? I've tried quote but that didnt get me anywhere..........

If you mean like this - click on the QUOTE link under the post you want to quote and type the response in the standard message box. The quote will be in there already. Just type after the final quote bracket.

Delete what text you don't need.

A

Anonymous

Got a silver one, took the front panel off, coated it in plastic primer and sprayed it satin black theres a pic in the "my stuff" thread on here

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/523428.aspx

Cheers

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Messiah:keiser1:

If you mean like this - click on the QUOTE link under the post you want to quote and type the response in the standard message box. The quote will be in there already. Just type after the final quote bracket.

like this!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
keiser1:Messiah:keiser1:

like this!

Yep that'll be how its done,thank you Messiah you've just helped me solve my last posting problem.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
stu31:Got a silver one, took the front panel off, coated it in plastic primer and sprayed it satin black theres a pic in the "my stuff" thread on here http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/523428.aspx Cheers

Black is definatly the way forward, looks like i'll be doing a spot of pimping at the weekend!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
grdunn123:'Tis a great looking setup! The M Cubes are tiny especially when you look at what's driving them! I have the SC-LX82 and it's just supreme...

Thank you grdunn123.

I totally agree with you in regards to the small M-Cubes and the powerfull Pioneer, I didn't demo the Missions with the amp and was a little worried about the Pioneer being an over kill, but I was pleasently surprised and they seem to be coping just fine. Theres alot more detail in the sound from this amp compared to the Denon 1909 I had before.

A

Anonymous

Keiser,

Great looking set up
emotion-21.gif
Whilst I'm saying 'what an awesome looking tv set-up' my wife is using the same verb about your photo's but unfortunately with reference to your wooden floor! Bit of a sore point (like my knees) in this house at the moment as I've just finished fitting one myself. That's a wooden floor, sadly not a tv!
emotion-9.gif

Enjoy!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
nicholasc1585:

Keiser,

Great looking set up
emotion-21.gif
Whilst I'm saying 'what an awesome looking tv set-up' my wife is using the same verb about your photo's but unfortunately with reference to your wooden floor! Bit of a sore point (like my knees) in this house at the moment as I've just finished fitting one myself. That's a wooden floor, sadly not a tv!
emotion-9.gif

Enjoy!

Thankyou Nicholas,

Glad you like the set up and your wife likes the floor! As the thread title states I've recenlty moved house and I had been eyeing up an oak floor for a while, I went for engineered oak in the end and i'm well chuffed with it, it goes well with the gloss black unit etc.

Thanks again and hope your knees are mended soon fella!

A

Anonymous

keiser1:nicholasc1585:

Keiser,

Great looking set up
emotion-21.gif
emotion-9.gif

Enjoy!

Thankyou Nicholas,

Glad you like the set up and your wife likes the floor! As the thread title states I've recenlty moved house and I had been eyeing up an oak floor for a while, I went for engineered oak in the end and i'm well chuffed with it, it goes well with the gloss black unit etc.

Thanks again and hope your knees are mended soon fella!

Cheers, just relaxing now with a (IMO) well deserved
emotion-22.gif
,listening to some of Daveh75's inspirations on Spotify and enjoying some interesting, amusing and educational posts on this great site.

Oh, I think I heard another beer call my name......"Coming dear...."
emotion-2.gif

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Keiser1, this is a really interesting thread, firstly your system looks great, secondly i also have the Mission MCubes and use them with a Denon 1717 Amp (about £250 when bought a few years ago).

I have been thinking of upgrading the Amp and speakers because the bass sounds really hard (no punch).!

Would you recommend looking at a dearer Amp like you have yourself , will the M Cubes then give me what i have been missing without the additional expense of having to replace the speakers as well?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated and could determine the upgrade route that i take!

A

Anonymous

Nice system , Love the way you have balanced it out with the small speakers, alot of av systems seam to be over bearing with large speakers that surround you, but with your clean line and open space aproach it makes for a far better looking and comfortable viewing. Very nice job sir ...

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
chris hollands:

Hi Keiser1, this is a really interesting thread, firstly your system looks great, secondly i also have the Mission MCubes and use them with a Denon 1717 Amp (about £250 when bought a few years ago).

I have been thinking of upgrading the Amp and speakers because the bass sounds really hard (no punch).!

Would you recommend looking at a dearer Amp like you have yourself , will the M Cubes then give me what i have been missing without the additional expense of having to replace the speakers as well?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated and could determine the upgrade route that i take!

Hi Chris,

There seems to be an route that people take when they upgarde there system for better sound and that normaly points at changing your speakers, it wasn't long ago i was looking at doing the same thing. But I would definatly recommend looking at an amp upgrade first, my system sounds so much better since changing to the Pioneer sclx72. I can actually confidently say theres a night and day difference between the Denon 1909 and the Pioneer amp I'm using now.

You've got to remember aswell the M-Cubes where £1200 when they first came out, since dropped down in price alot but when they where last reviewed they where given the top prize of 5 stars,. I think there a bit of a marmite product you either love them of hate them, to me my system sounds fantastic and powered by a higher end amp thats set up properly the Missions are definatly capable of sounding great.

Get an amp on demo if you can and hear the difference i'm sure you will be pleased.

Look forward to reading your views.

P.S Pioneer sc-lx72 for £900 = Bargin and a very big smile when watching multi channel films

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
darrell 1966:Nice system , Love the way you have balanced it out with the small speakers, alot of av systems seam to be over bearing with large speakers that surround you, but with your clean line and open space aproach it makes for a far better looking and comfortable viewing. Very nice job sir ...

Thank you Darrell, appreciate your comments fella.

I agree. I much prefer style speakers in a average size room compared to big floor standers.

I'm hoping to get my BDI Mirage 8227 (weather permitting) delivered on monday so I'll be posting some update pics soon.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Very nice!! Interesting that the mcubes do such a great job and being wife friendly to boot!! Similiar aesthetics to my system with the black gloss finish of the cabinet and the Pioneer screen!! Is the new cabinet gloss black also??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts