My Sky HD box has died - after just one week

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Oh dear!
I guess you have tried the obvious, removing the power cable, wait 20 seconds or so, and then re-inserting it, waiting a few minutes, then turning the box on?
Alternatively, you could force a new software download by again removing the power plug, pressing and holding the "backup" button on the top of the unit. While still holding the button down, carefully re-connect the power cable. After 10-15 seconds a black and white picture should appear informing you of a software download in progress. At this point you can release the backup button. Leasve the unit to finish the download, usually 10-15 mins, then try to turn on. If this doesn't work, seeing the installation is so new, call Sky to arrange a replacement. Most modern electronic equipment, if defect, will fail during the first few weeks of operation.

Hope this helps!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
tried unplugging didn't work

contacted sky and they are sending someone out tomorrow

just trying the backup now and i have lots of lights on and says updating so intersting to see if that works

thanks

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
thumbs up for sky/installers - they called me today and i said i had got the box up and working again and hadn't had any other problems with it - the installer said could be a fault in the box, better to be safe than sorry - he had bought me a new one and just swapped it no issues - didn't even have to ask - makes a change!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:thumbs up for sky/installers - they called me today and i said i had got the box up and working again and hadn't had any other problems with it - the installer said could be a fault in the box, better to be safe than sorry - he had bought me a new one and just swapped it no issues - didn't even have to ask - makes a change!

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:thumbs up for sky/installers - they called me today and i said i had got the box up and working again and hadn't had any other problems with it - the installer said could be a fault in the box, better to be safe than sorry - he had bought me a new one and just swapped it no issues - didn't even have to ask - makes a change!

Is the new one ok though? I've got one coming Friday - yes, bank holiday............

daveh75

Graham_Thomas:matengawhat:thumbs up for sky/installers - they called me today and i said i had got the box up and working again and hadn't had any other problems with it - the installer said could be a fault in the box, better to be safe than sorry - he had bought me a new one and just swapped it no issues - didn't even have to ask - makes a change! I've got one coming Friday - yes, bank holiday............Bank holiday's dont exist for Sky installers!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Cofnchtr:Hi, Wasn't daveh75 was it?? ;-)) Cheers, Cofnchtr.IT wasn't me LOL...Wasn't working
emotion-2.gif

It could be you tomorrow!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts