My Roksan Radius has stopped working AGAIN!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi bbb,

how did you get on?

i've had a bit of a journey, but it's looking good now.

I managed to agree with the Shakercentre if the original buyer were to send a mail to instigate the claim, they would agree to support me direct. Which I thought was a good gesture by Shakercentre. The problem was that the buyer would not acknowledge my emails through eBay, even though he is still active buying and selling. All he had to do was send a mail on my behalf! Given I specifically asked him regarding the warranty prior to purchasing, he told me he hadn't registered the warranty, but didn't inform me that the warranty wasn't transferable. I escalated to eBay to see if they could assist in getting the seller to acknowledge my mails, but they wouldn't citing after 90 days from the date of sale it is not their issue. (Cannot say I was impressed with their support, or lack of).

I fed back to the guys at Shakercentre to explain my predicament, they told me they were unable to determine if the warranty had been registered, and I might stand a chance by contacting the manufacturer in the states, Guitammer. Finally got a lucky break, warranty not registered and they were more than happy to register to me :). I thought I'd cracked it, until shaker centre said that they had to get agreements still with Guitammer and the UK distributor since although the warranty was now in my name I still wasn't the original purchaser. Finally got the good news on Friday from shakercentre I could ship the amp back to them. Hoping I can get back in time for Chrimbo for all the movies I'm planning to watch. Credit to shakercentre in supporting me.

My takeaway on the whole episode - I will think very hard about purchasing electrical goods from eBay, ie. At least now I know pitfalls with warranties!!

kr Lxd

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

@lxd55

That's good news, and I have to admit, better news than I thought you might get.

Well, my news is good also. Warranty situation was all sorted, turntable was returned to Roksan via the original dealer, and I received a phone call today to tell me that it would be delivered back to me tomorrow. :)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
thank **** for that BBB

It's not here yet, so let's not count our chickens shall we, after all, I seem to be one of the world's most unlucky people. :pray:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Radius has come back, and all seems to be ok. They'd packed it well, but at some point in it's journeys, it's been tipped upside down, and has lost some oil from the spindle area. I'm kind of presuming that Roksan gave the turntable a mini service as well as fixing the fault, but I'm guessing I'll need to re-oil.

I've no idea how to go about this, so any help would be welcome.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Would appreciate any help with cleaning and oiling around the spindle?

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi BBB,

Can't help with advice on cleaning I'm afraid, but I received my replacement amp back today from the guys at Shakercentre, can't thank them enough for sorting and going the extra mile when the eBay seller was no where to be found.

hope you fix the spindle,

best

lxd

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Well, I've got it up and running, and it's sounding great. :cheer:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

It's only gone and broken down again.

Motor is dead, nothing happens at all when I turn it on. |(

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
ifor said:
You're probably suffering from too much association with stevebrock and as a result have caught some of his luck.

Sorry guys, seems a poor old chap on hifi section has forked out £1600 for a Rega Saturn R - its developed a fault already!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

To be fair to Steve, I think he caught his bad luck from me.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately, motors do go wrong. They usually do quickly from new or twenty/thiry years later.

Bad luck I have to say.

It's a nice table so it is worth repairing.

Regards

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

drummerman said:
Unfortunately, motors do go wrong. They usually do quickly from new or twenty/thiry years later.

Bad luck I have to say.

It's a nice table so it is worth repairing.

Regards

I am hugely disappointed though, as (I presume) the motor was only changed a few months ago.

I've no idea if I'd be in a position to ask for a replacement turntable, but it's something I'm considering.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Fantastic service again from HiFix/Frank Harvey. Having rung them and saying that I didn't want the expense (again) of returning the turntable to them, they have arranged with the repairer for the turntable to be collected from me tomorrow, and then returned once repaired.

I'm really hoping that it will be done properly this time, and hopefully they'll inform me of exactly what was wrong, and what they did to fix the problem.

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I am just reading this post and realising I am your ebay seller.

It is unbelivable it has failed again it was only bought in January 2013, I hope you get it sorted out. I am guessing you have the warranty stuff sorted out and you got the 5 years warranty transfered.

It is a real shame because when it is working well it sounds great but I did find the uni-pivot arm a little a bit tempremental and hence going back to the Rega RP8.

Good luck hope you get it sorted if I can be of any assistance let me know.

Lee

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Thanks Lee

This time there was absolutely no sign of anything being wrong, I just turned it on and nothing happened. I am annoyed, but only with the fact that it was supposed to have been repaired, then 2 months later it happens again. I'll be ringing Henley Designs (who carry out the repairs for Roksan) once the turntable is returned, and will try to find out exactly what the problem was, and what they've done to fix it.

Thanks for your offer of assistance, but thanks to your help before, I have everything sorted.

Regards

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
Get an RP8 BB

only joking :)

If it happens again, then I might consider another turntable, don't think it'll be a Rega though. ;)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

stevebrock said:
Get an RP8 BB

only joking :)

If it happens again, then I might consider another turntable, don't think it'll be a Rega though. ;)

TRENDING THREADS