my PS3 keeps turning itself on

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
last few days my PS3 keeps turning itself on and i can't work out why - keep turning round and its on only happens about once a day - so i am thinking that something is activating it - only thing is not sure what as non of my other remotes are bluetooth - any ideas?

thinking about the article earlier this week about blu rays calling home - can they turn it on as wall-e has been sitting in the machine for last few days

only other thing thats new is i've started using my squeezbox again and it wakes my pc up upstairs they are all connected to my wireless network could that be it?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Perhaps the remote is being knocked when it's lying idle? Or one of your PS3 controllers is being moved by something/someone else?

Any animals around who'd sniff about?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Messiah

matengawhat:ignore this thread - just went hunting for my remote and was under a cushion so guess when i sat down was knocking it on - DOH!!!!

You say that but I have had the same issue and I definitely have not sat on the remote........hmmmm........

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
well my remote and controllers are all under the coffee table so if it happens again tomorrow will update this thread - like i said before thought was something either to do with the blu ray been in machine or the squeezbox through router - also my car has bluetooth in it and i park it directly under my ps3 there is prob about 1m between roof of car and lounge floor - car stereo is a sony!!!

thinking outside the box now - infact out of the house!!!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Bluetooth normally requires a password or pairing exercise. I'd rule out the car.

Main culprits would be the dog/cat/girlfriend in that order. Find out which one can tell the time and they can set your video for you too ;-)

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Do you have the ability to turn your PS3 on via remote play? I remember a while back this caused some problems, even when the PSP was off. I am unsure if this problem still exists though, Do you have the latest firmware? I know that you said the controller was under a cushion, but if that was not it, then this could be

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem but i no is, the centre PS on my controller is dodgy and really anoying can happen during a game to so if i conceed a goal on pro evo and get angry and shake the pad it takes me to the XMB :/ need a new pad!

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:yeah - 1 dog, 2 cats and a gfriend but both times i've noticied has been about 6pm ...

..when presumably your gf is out, walking the dog and the cats are in the kitchen preparing your dinner and therefore can be safely ruled out????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts