My posts and a better search?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys - can we please have ...

1. A quick link to see all one's posts (I'm sure this exists but I can never find it)

2. A filter on the search so one can select which forum to narrow it down.

Thanks

John Duncan

You can't see all one's own posts, no, but you can see the dozen or so most recent by clicking on your user name over on the left there. Clicking on '327 posts' or whatever currently leads you nowhere, as I've just found out, which makes me cross.

Yes, it would be useful to be able to search by sub-channel, but that's not going to happen this year, I think.

daveh75

JohnDuncan:Clicking on '327 posts' or whatever currently leads you nowhere, as I've just found out, which makes me cross..Clicking on the post count does/or did work JD,though having just tried it got an error message.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hmm - I click the 'posts 330' under my name and get:

Sorry, an error has occurred.

The administrator has been informed and we're fixing the problem.

Re forum search - it's only a case of adding a drop down box and amending the query that's sent to the database server! About an hour's work I reckon...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
roger06:Re forum search - it's only a case of adding a drop down box and amending the query that's sent to the database server! About an hour's work I reckon...

You'd think, wouldn't you...?

Instead it's more like

escher.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yup, the Forums are run in Community Server rather than the main content management system used for the rest of the site, so adding functionality is not quite as straightforward as you might think.

Re Error Messages, if this happens return to the Homepage as directed and start your search in Forums afresh. Annoying, I know, but it will usually get you back to where you want to be.

TRENDING THREADS