My Marantz

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Foolishly, I listed my Marantz CD63 KI Sig as being a modified version in my kit listing. Obviously that was just asking for curiosity, so to be polite I have unearthed the details after a request from Dim_Span. So here goes:-

Electrical modifications

• Net Audio Rock Clock + PSU fitted January 2008 (£138).
    New laser/mechanism fitted in 2005 (would cost £60 fitted).
    LM6172 OP-AMPs in turned-pin sockets with additional supply decoupling at IC pins and ferrite beads on OP-AMP supply resistors (~£10).
    Acoustica.org ‘clock mod’ inc. LM317 regulator for DAC oscillator gate.
    Filter stage capacitors upgraded to 1% Polystyrene (£16).
    Filter stage changed to Bessel function (notch filter also re-aligned).
    Schottky diodes and additional power supply decoupling.
    Shielded mains cable and grounded chassis.

Mechanical modifications

• Acousteel panels applied to inside top cover (£20).
    Clearlight Audio RDC 5 cones (£25) (standard feet included).
    Stillpoints ERS EMI damping sheet over digital circuits and transformer (about half a sheet used - £30 per sheet).
    Vibration damping rubber sheet between bottom of chassis and base plate.

I purchased the CDP off Fleabay at less than half the original going rate and am well pleased with the performance it gives. I compared it against the original version I bought back in nineteen hundred and something and, to my ears at least, there is a definite improvement. Personally, I wouldn't know where to start with such mods or what most of them mean, but if someone else was willing to go through the trouble of such an electronics project and then sell the player on later, who I am I to argue? I love it!

A

Anonymous

Like I said previously, I have the standard version, and am very happy for what I paid (£130, boxed, with instructions, remote and certificate) ...

works very well with my current system ... reads all cd's and never skips

I have seen some companies upgrade them for as much as £1050

I have also read that some people with valve amps prefer these Marantz CD63 MKII K1 sig cdp's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts