My LG OLED 55C7V has burn in

D

Deleted member 196519

Really? Well won't it just burn all over again? However that is the best option with my current budget. Hey your Gel again, nice one I prefer it.
My sister got her LG 65E7 OLED screen replaced after 3 years and they game and watch all news channels. New screen is great! Let us know how you get on. (y)

D

Deleted member 196519

Ok, I called...

£200, 2 weeks for repair. They will pick up and deliver. Cheers gel.
No probs mate, that’s what I will do when my LG gets screen burn too. Kinda makes a mockery of John Lewis £140 protection plan because you may not get screen burn but still have to pay £140 for the plan. This way you know your money is well spent. (y)

Dom

He was very friendly and wanted to look at the screen burn, using my phone we started a video call and saw the screen burn. He said it would be absolutely fine to repair the screen.

Now there's a problem, when I send the TV off, I don't actually have a spare. If I can persuade my mum to donate her monitor for 2 weeks maybe I can get this thing sorted.

BTW thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 196519

He was very friendly and wanted to look at the screen burn, using my phone we started a video call and saw the screen burn. He said it would be absolutely fine to repair the screen.

Now there's a problem, when I send the TV off, I don't actually have a spare. If I can persuade my mum to donate her monitor for 2 weeks maybe I can get this thing sorted.

BTW Thanks.
No probs Dom. Hope you get it all sorted and back as new.

Reactions: Dom

Tinman1952

BTW thanks.
Can’t they come and replace the screen in your home? I watched a video on YouTube where 2 LG authorised repairers replaced the panel in about 30 minutes in the guy’s living room….no problem.

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
burn marks are caused by constant picture that does not move ie freeze frame. Back in the day of LCD it was common fault . As far as i know there is no cure for it. having two plasma and not had a LED/LCD for years now . ( about 3 a tleast now

Tinman1952

Just what I was thinking Dom.
You pay £200 for a 'repair'.....then wait till you need another 'repair'?
I appreciate it's cheaper than a new TV, but what a poor state of affairs.
(I'm assuming the replacement panels are no less susceptible to the burn).
Actually I understand the 2018 models were much more susceptible to screen burn but later models are much improved. Better heat dissipation and software panel management. Let’s hope so…. 🤞

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 196519

Yes, I think the replacements are newer panels as you can’t get the older ones anymore. I suppose you would also have to be more careful the way you use it. If not you could find yourself paying £200 again.

Dom

If I can maybe I will stump up and buy a Samsung QLED.

Last edited:

Dom

"Bloomberg has reported that Samsung Display is supplying the Switch OLED Model’s 7-inch panel, and that’s about the best news you could ask for when it comes to the longevity and reliability of your $350 console’s screen. Samsung has led the evolution of OLED on mobile devices, and while burn-in is still technically possible on its modern panels, they’re more resistant to it, and software-based mitigations from Samsung, LG, and others have made it less of an issue than ever before. I’ve got an LG CX OLED that shows zero signs of burn-in after a year of pretty extensive playtime." @The Verge

Hmmm OK

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts