My LG OLED 55C7V has burn in

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I think you mean CRT not LCD for ‘back in the day’. LCD does not get ‘burn in’. 🙂
But LED appears to do so. oh dear me. So you agreeing ? that if someone has burn out on there newish tv. they should also get sep insurance against burn or am i wrong ? My word you pay over £1000 for a TV the TV gets a burnout and you cannot claim on warrnaty. So what is the point of buying an extended warranty now ??

michael hoy

LCD and LED screens can also experience image burn, though the image burn process can take longer to develop into a permanent issue. In addition, LCD and LED screens suffer from another issue, known as image retention (also known as image persistence or an LCD shadow).

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
so makes me a little worried why anyone would spend £1000 on a TV knowing full well this could happen and what is worse there warranty is not covered . pointless having a warranty is it not . if it does not include burning issues

so makes me a little worried why anyone would spend £1000 on a TV knowing full well this could happen and what is worse there warranty is not covered . pointless having a warranty is it not . if it does not include burning issues
This has been the case even with plasma TVs. Of note, I have a plasma TV since 7 years and the TV itself is 8 years old. No burn in or image retention.

TRENDING THREADS