My Leema may have a problem

Last night I tried the headphones and there's a horrible deep buzz. Nothing through the speakers. So I unplugged and reconnected all inputs, speaker cable etc. I also wiggled the leads and the headphones. No difference.

I hope it's nothing serious, that was the last one Sevenoaks had - not a happy bunny.

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Not ideal! Do you recall the thread started by pauladamss, where he was experiencing similar issues with his Pulse?: http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/462636.aspx

Anyway, on the plus side, sounded like his experience of Leema's customer service was first rate.

Cold Roses:

Not ideal! Do you recall the thread started by pauladamss, where he was experiencing similar issues with his Pulse?: http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/462636.aspx

Anyway, on the plus side, sounded like his experience of Leema's customer service was first rate.

Now you've mentioned it I do. The person I spoke to seemed very helpful, but it'll probably mean reboxing and sending it back for a thorough check. Typical, the first amp I've purchased in 5 years and this happens.

Thanks Cold Roses.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The last one in any Sevenoaks countrywide?

If not, get them to ship one from a different shop.

Failing that, you could always buy yourself a headphone amp.
emotion-5.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:Just spoke to Leema and he's getting a technician to call me back. It doesn't look good. He says something sounds very wrong. TBH, I genuinely feel gutted.

Sorry to hear that PP, I had a (much less of a) scare with my new (s/h) amp last week and my stomach turned over thinking that I'd been sold a dud. Thankfully it turns out that it's my AV receiver's fault and it has not happened since. I hope your problem sorts out ok too.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:Cold Roses:

Now you've mentioned it I do. The person I spoke to seemed very helpful, but it'll probably mean reboxing and sending it back for a thorough check. Typical, the first amp I've purchased in 5 years and this happens.

Thanks Cold Roses.

I have spoken to Leema a couple of times and have always come away with a positive attitude towards their customer service so i hope they sort your problem out quickly. I guess they have genuine confidence in their products to give it a 5 year warranty...

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
PP, I hope that your pride and joy can be speedily restored to full working condition. I am sure everything will be just fine. Don't let it ruffle your feathers.

Thanks, gentlemen. It was a 'Factory Sealed' unit, so I can't use the excuse about it being mistreated in the shop (not that would ever think that). Anyway, Leema called me back and they are arranging a carrier to pick-up from my house on Tuesday. The carriage charge will be paid for unless there's nothing with it.

Immensely helpful. Nice people to do business with, to coin a phrase.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Jolly good. In the meantime I can loan you a nice Audiolab 8000S, or maybe a Pioneer A-400, or what about a Marantz PM66SE KI Sig?
emotion-1.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Though have to wonder why the retailer isn't making more effort to simply replace it. Find it hard to believe you bought the last one in the country...

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
ESP2009:

Jolly good. In the meantime I can loan you a nice Audiolab 8000S, or maybe a Pioneer A-400, or what about a Marantz PM66SE KI Sig?
emotion-1.gif

I see a second income on the horizon there......

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
mitch65:ESP2009:

emotion-1.gif

I see a second income on the horizon there......

Coming to a Fleabay near you in the autumn!
emotion-5.gif

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Though have to wonder why the retailer isn't making more effort to simply replace it. Find it hard to believe you bought the last one in the country...

Not that hard really. End of line heavily discounted and this has been since early July (I think) but on the other hand I can see your point. We don't know how many were left. I had one tho LOL

Andrew Everard:Though have to wonder why the retailer isn't making more effort to simply replace it. Find it hard to believe you bought the last one in the country...

TBH, Andrew I didn't bother phoning 7Oaks - just cut the middle man out and went direct to Leema. The initial call they touched on the fact I may have to send it back to Brighton, but the subsequent call they were willing to send a carrier direct as opposed to me arranging to return it to the south coast and then 7Oaks sending it to Leema.

True about stocks. I'm pretty sure they have some stashed away somwhere, but the big issue with 7 Oaks is most outlets are franchises, and that could complicate matters further. Given those circumstances, I decided to go direct.

A

Anonymous

It sounds like everything will be sorted out for you by the manufacturer, but for future reference (or for anyone else), if something is unfit for purpose and is identified so quickly, you should be returning the the retailer.

The retailer is bound by the Sale of Goods Act and would need to have a very good reason not to replace it. The manufacturer is only bound by their warranty therefore is only bound to repair.

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
ESP2009:
Last one found deep in the supplier's stock room and still blinking in the cold light of day...

I like to move it move it...........

Rob_manchester:

It sounds like everything will be sorted out for you by the manufacturer, but for future reference (or for anyone else), if something is unfit for purpose and is identified so quickly, you should be returning the the retailer.

The retailer is bound by the Sale of Goods Act and would need to have a very good reason not to replace it. The manufacturer is only bound by their warranty therefore is only bound to repair.

I'm with you all the way on this one. Let's just say I got out the wrong side of the bed this morning and wasn't in the mood to go two falls and a submission with a business that cares an awful lot about clients when money is spent, but show a little reluctance when things are less than perfect (that's probably a bit harsh). Moreover, waiting for them to have a verbal mellay because they're only really connected by name - I would be putting bets whether I would see the amp before Xmas...2012.

Apologies for sounding a bit off. Upset by the amp and a rubbish day at work with clients just messing around.

idc

Bummer. Electronics are a mystery when they should not be. One of my headphone amps went 'pop' a while back. I suspected it was one of the valves, so today I opened it up and checked the valves and they looked fine. So I put them back in, closed the amp back up, plugged it in and after some crackling it settled down and works fine.

I hope your repaire is as simple as that, not that you can call it a repair exactly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts