My last post before leaving

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Vladimir said:
chebby said:
Al ears said:
Another Hitchhikers' fan??

I have only ever enjoyed the radio series. (First heard on of these when I was 15 and doing O'Level homework.)

An experienced hitchiker would list a towell in his signature.

...and a towel... ;-) (Don't Panic)

Do you want me to sit in a corner and rust or just fall apart where I'm standing?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Just messing with uploading to flickr from screen grab in iPhone then pasting as picture here (also on iPhone).

36335741462_a1cb657a69_z.jpg

36503840805_ba46b2dc46_z.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Given that whathisname has long left the forum, and given us a 'mess around' thread, then it seemed right to mess around.

I kept it suitably on off-topic (or off on-topic) with Hitchhiker's Guide related pics. from my library. (Ripped @ 320kbps AAC VBR - with correction on - from my CD boxset.)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had mine on cassettes recorded from FM radio. Recorded them every Sunday evening untill I ended up with a stack of tapes. I later downloaded two other iterations of the BBC radio show, but they were different.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I had mine on cassettes recorded from FM radio. Recorded them every Sunday evening untill I ended up with a stack of tapes. I later downloaded two other iterations of the BBC radio show, but they were different.

How did you do that in 1978? How old were you?

chebby said:
Vladimir said:

42?

Life, the Universe and everything.....

I listened but didn't record unfortunately.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Vladimir said:

It was in 2002, I was 20 and a student. A local radio station (mostly plays electronic music) decided to broadcast the radio drama one episode weekly at midnight. I had an old dual well tape deck and recorded them on various used cassettes (had zero empty space on my HDD). That was the first time I heard the HHGTG and I was immediately hooked. Got the book later on.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
It was in 2002, I was 20 and a student. A local radio station (mostly plays electronic music) decided to broadcast the radio drama one episode weekly at midnight. I had an old dual well tape deck and recorded them on various used cassettes (had zero empty space on my HDD). That was the first time I heard the HHGTG and I was immediately hooked. Got the book later on.

Ok, sorry I never realised before that the BBC let this stuff out on European radio.

(Before Radio 4Extra came out, the last repeat on Radio 4 was in 1983).

Repeats are more frequent nowadays.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Some shows I liked back then (10 y ago) I can't believe how rubbish they feel today. Example Down the line with Gary Bellamy. But I can enjoy in fascination HHGTG at any time. For me it's timeless.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts