My last post before leaving

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello boys and girls,

I just wanted to say farewell to those who I had a good moment with.

The music career is re-starting fast, and I completely lack time to check into forums to discuss about hifi lately. And it will not become better if I see the upcoming tour dates. *biggrin*

Also, I will not support the unprofesionnal, misleading approach of What-Hifi, regarding Hifi-Reviews, in any kind, anymore. This can only be done through a total boycott of every channel this group has. And this forum is part of it.

So it's a goodbye to you all.

Bye !

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
Hello boys and girls,

The music career is re-starting fast, and I completely lack time to check into forums to discuss about hifi lately. And it will not become better if I see the upcoming tour dates. *biggrin*

Also, I will not support the unprofesionnal, misleading approach of What-Hifi, regarding Hifi-Reviews, in any kind, anymore. This can only be done through a total boycott of every channel this group has. And this forum is part of it.

Bye !

Dear le careerist. Post us a website / soundcloud where we can follow your artistry and stuff.

Enjoy the tour.
thumbs_up.png

insider9

Vladimir said:
Hello boys and girls,

Bye !

Dear le careerist. Post us a website / soundcloud where we can follow your artistry and stuff. 

Enjoy the tour. 
+1

Best of luck!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Good luck I hope it all goes well for you but above all don't take HiFi things too seriously, life is too short.*drinks*

Please post some videos of your tour I would love to see your progress. *good*

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
"unprofesionnal, misleading approach of What-Hifi, regarding Hifi-Reviews, i"

How do you mean?

I happen to think they are written in florid opaque BS-ese. I also find I often disagree with their conclusions after I test equipment in my own home. Thus some speakers which they say are fussy about placement were found to be much less fussy than speakers which they said were not fussy. And headphones they panned I liked, and vice versa.

Anyway, best of luck in the real world, nomore wasting your life 'talking' to strangers about inconsequential matters for you.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Hello boys and girls,

Bye !

Enjoy the tour. 

What he said

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Al ears said:
So long, it's been interesting. ;-)

i happen to think what hi fi have their finger on the pulse on reviews. I don't know how they do it but when they rate a pair of speakers 5 stars , you go to the dealer and they are selling most of that pair, you think yourself very objectively that the 5 star pair are better, it's a very credible review.

At least 3 to 4 five star speakers I've demoed have been the best for my tastes, so I'd give every credit to what hi fi. Sometimes they get it wrong on more obscure products that don't sell and on expensive stuff too, but not by much.

so best thing to do is read the review or listen to what people are raving about, go to the dealer, what do they like, if it's the same and it's selling well, and it sounds better to you than comparable products, it's really a no brainer. If it doesnt sound as good you should work out what parts the five star speaker is well raved on, so you can then judge a comparison. As if you are judging on nothing, just what you hear, then you may not be doing a proper comparison and picking the one you like. If one sounds best on bass, but the other is tighter, are what hi fi right to say it's a better speaker if tighter. Just for arguments sake.

QuestForThe13thNote said:
Al ears said:

i happen to think what hi fi have their finger on the pulse on reviews. I don't know how they do it but when they rate a pair of speakers 5 stars , you go to the dealer and they are selling most of that pair, you think yourself very objectively that the 5 star pair are better, it's a very credible review.

At least 3 to 4 five star speakers I've demoed have been the best for my tastes, so I'd give every credit to what hi fi. Sometimes they get it wrong on more obscure products that don't sell and on expensive stuff too, but not by much.

so best thing to do is read the review or listen to what people are raving about, go to the dealer, what do they like, if it's the same and it's selling well, and it sounds better to you than comparable products, it's really a no brainer. If it doesnt sound as good you should work out what parts the five star speaker is well raved on, so you can then judge a comparison. As if you are judging on nothing, just what you hear, then you may not be doing a proper comparison and picking the one you like. If one sounds best on bass, but the other is tighter, are what hi fi right to say it's a better speaker if tighter. Just for arguments sake.
I mostly agree, except with your logic in the first paragraph. If you are a dealer and a product you sell has just been reviewed, that will generate footfall and sales, so you make sure it is prominent and you carry stock. And the manufacturer will probably know in advance and offer you extra incentives or promot you to stock more.

Many people believe someone else, especially a magazine whose primary income is from advertising, and even someone who posts a comment on the Internet or a forum like this. They don't trust their own ears or their dealer so readily.

Definitly agree about listening to many types of speaker and cross refer to reviews. WHF are rare in providing group reviews collectively agreed among their staff, rather than one person's essay.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

nopiano said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Al ears said:

I mostly agree, except with your logic in the first paragraph. If you are a dealer and a product you sell has just been reviewed, that will generate footfall and sales, so you make sure it is prominent and you carry stock. And the manufacturer will probably know in advance and offer you extra incentives or promot you to stock more.

Many people believe someone else, especially a magazine whose primary income is from advertising, and even someone who posts a comment on the Internet or a forum like this. They don't trust their own ears or their dealer so readily.

Definitly agree about listening to many types of speaker and cross refer to reviews. WHF are rare in providing group reviews collectively agreed among their staff, rather than one person's essay.

yes but there is no getting away from the fact that it still has to perform well to sell, and I don't go along with this idea people can't make their own minds up, or they all buy junk. Some will, most won't at their price. When you are spending thousands you do that. I doubt it's one persons essay, it has to have editorial checking, and I bet the reviews products are heard are cross checked by a panel, such the reviews are a consensus. Otherwise the reviews would be hit and miss, and they often aren't. If you look at the tannoy speakers they five star, and you go into a richervsounds, they are amongst the best.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Sorry.....but what is the point of saying goodbye on a Hifi forum ? One can in no time connect to the net and post anything within seconds - regardless a long or short break or regardless what you are doing unless you maybe travel to North Korea. It is not leaving the job and saying goodbye to your colleagues. Or maybe I do not get it ?

chebby said:
Al ears said:
Another Hitchhikers' fan??

I have only ever enjoyed the radio series. (First heard on of these when I was 15 and doing O'Level homework.)

That was probably the best broadcast version, your imagination pictures people in such a way as it gets confused when you see someone elses idea of how they look on TV...... so sayeth Slartibartfast...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts