My Home Cinema Setup in Lounge

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Thanks Prime Cuts! The position of the centre speaker works well for me. I haven't tried it under the plasma......my TV was quite high already, didn't want to push it further up!

You can try positioning it below your TV, but remember that factors like hard floor or carpeted floor will affect how it sounds.

Buttkicker is a low frequency audio transducer.

Quoting from their website:

"ButtKicker brand low frequency audio transducers are musically accurate, powerful, virtually indestructible and patented linear transducers, which recreate amplified audio signals in the feeling range. They are similar to loudspeakers, but instead of moving a cone, and transferring sound waves through the air, they attach to seats, floors, platforms etc, and send low frequency sound directly into the listener's body. The effect is amazing.

It takes two senses to perceive full range sound. We hear sound, but we also feel sound, especially low frequency. Traditionally, it has taken big speakers, moving tremendous amounts of air, to feel the low frequency of sound. People like loud concerts because they want to feel the sound pressure in their bodies.

However, ButtKicker transducers reproduce the feeling range of audio in a more direct way than through air. The perception is actually better and sound pressure disappears. When using headphones, for example, with ButtKicker brand transducers, the listener perceives powerful, musically accurate, concert-level audio, but no one else hears anything. The sound is completely isolated to the listener.

This becomes very interesting for music monitoring and recording studios. Over one hundred of the top touring bands use ButtKicker products for stage monitoring because of the complete control they give them over their mix and sound level, without sacrificing any quality. Most musicians tell us immediately that they hear better and play better when using ButtKicker transducers.

In a recording studio, ButtKicker transducers allow for low volume, incredible isolation and, because they were designed to be musically accurate, to fractions of frequencies, studio engineers are finding that their mixes are coming out tighter, cleaner and better balanced.

Music writers, producers and studio musicians who do soundtrack work for commercial companies and stage show producers, in large commercial facilities or smaller home studios are beginning to rely on ButtKicker brand low frequency audio transducers to check the accuracy of their mixes."

grazzamongrel

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Big Boss dude i respect your opinions due to your serious set up so with a R250HD as centre what ya reckon..above or below TV, i have a carpet in room and will be 90 to 95 cm if below the TV with a oak TV cabinet below it aswell. And what is your crossover set to on your amp and are all speakers set to small? Do you have a pure direct setting on your amp and what do ya reckon to it, cos i use it most of the time and am amazed at the difference when watching films.

Sorry.....I didn't read your message until now!

You can try placing the centre speaker both below & above the TV & see what sounds better. As you have a carpeted floor, you should be ok placing the speakers below the TV.

Yes, all my speakers are set to small. The Pure Direct setting is really good.......I usually use it while listening to music only though. I thought you couldn't use it with movies, because the video circuit of the receiver is shut down in pure direct mode
emotion-43.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Bigboss just used your guidelines for inserting pictures again still works
emotion-21.gif
Cheers mate.

A

Anonymous

which speakers did you pair with your reciever and which reciever do you use ?

A

Anonymous

which speakers did you pair with your reciever and which reciever do you use ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts