My HDMi Lead test results..!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Tested on a 26" HD ready Samsung LE26A456 and Panasonic DMP-BD35..

Disc used - Baraka (Blu-ray)

Cables - 1 x 1m Tesco budget HDMi (£5.97)

- 1 X 1m QED performance HDMi (£24-£40+)

My first HDMI lead was the Tesco one bought a few weeks ago and after watching Baraka on it I thought how can it look any better ?, really awesome visuals...I got the Qed one tonight and have just tested both watching a few bits from the film...

Unfortunately I didnt see much, if any, difference, both great tho...

Probably it'll make more difference on a Full HD set over 37 inches with maybe a longer length of HDMI cable..but for my meagre (for the time being) set up I could'nt see much difference.

I'll test again fully blind next time to see if I can guess which is which but the debate i'm sure will rage on.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:TBH, on a 26in screen I'm hardly surprised. Which is at bit of Obama if you've just wasted £24.

Hopefully when I upgrade my set, in the not to near future, the Qed will show better results, so I wont then have "wasted" £24.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I very much doubt it but only you can decide
emotion-2.gif
You haven't wasted £24. You have 2 perfectly good, working cables. As long as you don't play tug of war with them, they should both last a lifetime. If however, you insist on constantly testing them by connecting and disconnecting, don't be surprised if something breaks. HDMI is a pretty fragile connector type and some of the beefier connectors can put a lot of stress on the both the input and connector. Simply connect, leave and enjoy is my advice!

A

Anonymous

This must be the briefest test result I've ever come across here!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
forbes:Hopefully when I upgrade my set, in the not to near future, the Qed will show better results, so I wont then have "wasted" £24.

Well, no, I'm sure you won't have - but the impression you gave from your first post was that you thought the £24 cable wasn't worth it.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
forbes:Hopefully when I upgrade my set, in the not to near future, the Qed will show better results, so I wont then have "wasted" £24.

Well, no, I'm sure you won't have - but the impression you gave from your first post was that you thought the £24 cable wasn't worth it.

Well, in the case of a smaller TV it isnt worth it.

A

Anonymous

pete321:If you get a surround amp, then you'll need to test the audio as well, the QED should produce far better audio results.

Yup, getting one of those soon, looking forward to sharing my findings with everyobdy too..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
pete321:If you get a surround amp, then you'll need to test the audio as well, the QED should produce far better audio results.

Any particular reason why? It's not just the video that's carried digitally, the audio is as well, so the same "it's all 1's and 0's" arguments apply to that as well as the picture.

It's not logical to suggest (not saying you were but I have seen it said on this forum) that the picture will look the same (because it's digital) but the audio will be improved, when the audio is carried digitally as well.

I also wonder how many people who fall into the "HDMI cables are all the same" camp will (or would) happily go and spend more on a higher-quality coaxial or optical digital cable, in order to improve the sound.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Gentlemen, start your engines...
emotion-14.gif

I know I know, I'm just pointing out that if someone accepts (rightly or wrongly) that a digital video signal will not be affected by a cable then it's not logical to expect a digital audio signal to be affected by the same cable, that's all.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Ah, cable threads - even when you agree with someone you end up endlessly debating...

Would you recommend a different sort of cable thread? Do forum posters find that one thread works better than any other and does the length of thread have any bearing on the results achieved. I'm thinking of starting a new thread but would prefer to see if this one can last as long as the previous thread on HDMI cables which, though durable, sufferred an awful lot of unnecessary semantic inteference.
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ah, the predictable cheap shot at RA - now this is a proper cable thread.

Now all we need is Grimly Rumpo Oldphart to chip in, and we'll have the complete set.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:

Now all we need is Grimly Rumpo Oldphart to chip in, and we'll have the complete set.

I've not looked at the RA site before but it does rather leave itself open to ridicule. On the digital interconnects first page, a graph of sweetness/naturalness versus Spaciousness/dimensionality. Showing how these improve with their range.

With an exclaimer saying

'Please note this is not a technically measured graph' !!!!!

Never , really.... Its gives you so much confidence in a company that publish this.

Come on , this is fair game.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Hold on. We haven't had the double blind tests, "light blue touch paper" line, pictures of air raid shelters, etc. It won't fit the classic mould until all have been mentioned/discussed at length.

But I do find some of the banter along the way quite funny.

Hello Everyone,

May I slip a bit of blatant advertising under the radar?
emotion-1.gif

Firstly -- Forbes, thanks for buying a QED cable, your custom is appreciated.

Secondly, the QED 'Performance' HDMI cable not only carries a 'Lifetime Warranty', it will comfortably handle higher data speeds than is currently being passed along it. So, as has been alluded to, I'm confident it will be delivering great results for decades to come.

Best regards,

Steve Reichert -- PR Manager, Armour Home (QED)

TRENDING THREADS