My amp remote

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
... is slowly dying...

I have a Denon 1909 and some of the buttons in the back-panel have stopped working - the ones that control the set-up menu, which means that any tweaking has to be done sitting on the floor using the amp's front panel. Now the "off" (standby) button (top left, front side) has died. It's lingering and painful!

Despite being a reasonably careful chap, remotes do (from time to time) slip from the sofa. It happens to my DVD remote, my Humax remote and yes, to my Denon 1909 remote. The other two are made of a slightly 'springy' plastic, but the denon is a brittle feeling clatterer... Is this the reason? Or, [*crosses fingers, hopefully*], is there a 'known fault' with these?

More importantly, is there anything that can be done??!

A

Anonymous

Try getting a new one from Denon thru your dealer. My Yamaha remote took a spill of the sofa and got damaged, i managed to get a new one for a lot less than i expected. I also programmed the Yamaha remote so that it controlled all other devices, hence less chance of other remotes getting damaged and the Yamaha remote now gets placed on a table and not on the sofa.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
ta.

Had a look on the interwebby, and replacement remotes can be bought in the US for $27, but the UK sites price them at £70!! In any case, it works for volumn controls, which is the bigger concern, so prefer to splash out on a HarmonyOne or similar. If it was repairable on the cheap, that might be worth a look.

A

Anonymous

The Yamaha remote was 1/10 of the Harmony 1000, so it was cheaper for me to replace with original.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts