Musical Fidelity Nuvista 800

rcasistio

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I’m planning to buy the Musical Fidelity Nuvista 800 (Demo Unit for more than a year) with a 50% discount at around $5k. Because my budget is to tight.

Is it worth to buy the Nuvista 800 at this time? I’m planning to replace my old system with the Cambridge CXA81 together with CNX v2.

I’m also considering the Hegel H190 or the H390.

I have a CD Player Marantz 6700, Q Acoustic 3020 bookshelf (planning also to upgrade to ProAc or PMC or Spendor - entry level) my Integrated Amp now is NAD d3020.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you.

I don't know your CDP, but suspect that it won't get the best from the Nu Vista. Your speakers definitely won't. If you were going to stick with CDP/speakers, I suspect even the CA amp would be beyond getting the best, but you are also thinking about future upgrades. An amp like that certainly gives you a lot of scope!

Entry level speakers from the brands you mention would be a significant step up, but I think you are likely to have to go further up their lines to get the absolute best from the Nu Vista. But that might not be an issue - the amp would mean that you could probably go through two or three cycles of upgrading without needing to consider changing it.

If the amp is in suitably good condition and still carries full warranty, it's tempting at that level of discount. The question is whether you spend the sum you have on a system made of more price-compatible things (so you'd be getting the best of them all) or whether you overspend on the amp and then gradually play catch-up with source and speakers. That, I'm afraid, is your call!

Last edited:

rcasistio

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi, You’re right, too early for me to upgrade the Nu Vista. Also to consider the budget that I have it will take time for me to catch-up with source and speakers.

Thank you, it really help me a lot.

If you’re keen on streaming, a Hegel might be a way to save buying two boxes, as they have streaming built in. But obviously you need to be sure your chosen streaming service is offered.
A half-price MF is always worth considering, but the context has to be where you spend similar sum on speakers and sources. A different route might be better, as you’ve decided.

Reactions: rcasistio

rcasistio

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I’ll be auditioning the Hegel H120 and H190 that will only fit to my budget together with the speaker upgrade.

I’m both in streaming and analog. Thank you for the adive.

Hi,
If you’re keen on streaming, a Hegel might be a way to save buying two boxes, as they have streaming built-in. But obviously, you need to be sure your chosen streaming service is offered.
A half-price MF is always worth considering, but the context has to be where you spend a similar sum on speakers and sources. A different route might be better, as you’ve decided. Anyways I have written multiple on this item you may check out.
Please don't copy another member's post and append web links of your own.

Reactions: nopiano and Gray

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I agree with this sentiment, if you like the sound and you are getting it for a good price, why wouldn't you get it? So what if the rest of your system takes a while to catch up. You may never need to change your amplifier again. Sounds like an ideal position to be in!

Agree. The big Hegels are cool too.

rcasistio

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for all your inputs.

I just auditioned the Hegel H390 and H190. It really sounds good but nothing get closed to MF Nuvista 800 outstanding performance.

Main factor also is the set-up;

MF Nuvista 800, Nuvista CD Player, PCM IB2Se and acoustic zen reference cables.

Hegel H390, Naim XD5 XS 2, Audio Solutions Overture 0305F.

I really love the Nuvista 800 but it will take time for me to complete the entire set-up.

shwalobako

Dec 23, 2021
Visit site
The Nu-Vista 800 offers a winning combination of speed, dynamics, bandwidth, headroom, and attack – plus brilliance and warmth. Yet such words only scratch the surface. With this amp, the total effect is greater than the sum of the parts – even though the parts themselves are superlative. It’s certainly made a deep impression on me, and undoubtedly raises the bar a good few notches.
(Links edited.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nu-Vista 800 offers a winning combination of speed, dynamics, bandwidth, headroom, and attack – plus brilliance and warmth. Yet such words only scratch the surface. With this amp, the total effect is greater than the sum of the parts – even though the parts themselves are superlative. It’s certainly made a deep impression on me, and undoubtedly raises the bar a good few notches.
(Links edited.)

Commentary on the amp is welcome, a series of links to websites that appear not relevant less so - at least for a first post. Please check out the forum rules. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts